10.7 Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I just finished upgrading to 10.7 Lion. So far it pretty awesome, has anyone else upgraded?

Yep, for the most part I'm not a fan. Mission Control and Launchpad? No...just no. Airdrop is great though, that really does work like it should.

At first I didn't like the whole launchpad thing, but now that I've gotten used to it I don't mind it. To me Mission Control is almost the same as Exposé though.

I haven't gotten to use Airdrop yet because no one else around me has a Mac running Lion.

I'll admit I'm critiquing from a business pov, but IMO it carries over to home users as well.
Launchpad, though one may be able to get used to it, is redundant. A more complicated Shift-Cmd-A if you will

Mission Control blends Spaces and Exposé in an effort to 'un-complicate' things. Use Spaces/Exposé and then use Mission Control. More helpful? IMO nope, it's something they should have left well alone.

This whole experiment at blending iOS and OS X for the most part has made people in my position groan, because as usual new apple hardware probably won't be compatible with SL

I think it's safe to say that Lion has taken a lot of inspiration from iOS 4 with the touch motions and I think that it all works very well but for me to get the most out of the new system I would need to purchase a Magic Trackpad and as much as I want one, $70 is a lot of money to spend on something that isn't necessary.

I think that the updates that have been made make it look likely that next Apple are planning on taking on the Touch Screen PC market.

The only problem I have had with it is accidently zooming in when web browsing. Does anyone know the touch motion that is causing this for me to avoid in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom