0x80070002 in Vista on Microsoft Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Just what the title says. It originally gave me a different error code (0x something with "DDD00002" in it, I think), but I got that one fixed via a Bing search.

I'm working on a laptop that is in dire need of major updating. I have gotten through all the updates that the updater will do (sp1, sp2, odds and ends). MS Office/Microsoft Update is not activated in the Vista Updater.

When I attempt to set up the updater to get the extra updates, it fails and gives me the 0x80070002 error. I have been all over the internet looking for solutions but have only found more with the same problem in both Vista and Seven.

I have not dove into the registry yet, or deleted the downloads info. I did try using the Microsoft baseline Security Analyzer to try to turn on MS Update through it, but no dice.

I'm open to suggestions, but only real suggestions that work to solve the problem.

OK, got it working. I used CCleaner's registry cleaner feature. :D There weren't that many errors in the registry, either. I wish I had wrote them down so I could do some more research on it.

So long as it works, right? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom