Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm just praying MSI actually releases a BIOS update for my board, like they claimed they will do, for the 3000 series... Can't afford both a new board and CPU, but those 3000 chips look so yummy.

Saw some guy using the new Razer Blade Pro and he said it had a 2080. hmm.jpeg.

So I go to the site and see it's a "RTX 2080 MaxQ". I remember hearing about this MaxQ thing, so I looked for benchmarks.

faceplam

At what point is it acceptable to call a mobile GPU an RTX 2080 when it's half the speed of the desktop full fat 215w version. :sleep: It seems very disingenuous.

I mean you could probably put a RTX 2080 in a 6mm thick iPad if you ran it at 10w and 150mhz.

Saw some guy using the new Razer Blade Pro and he said it had a 2080. hmm.jpeg.

So I go to the site and see it's a "RTX 2080 MaxQ". I remember hearing about this MaxQ thing, so I looked for benchmarks.

faceplam

At what point is it acceptable to call a mobile GPU an RTX 2080 when it's half the speed of the desktop full fat 215w version. :sleep: It seems very disingenuous.

I mean you could probably put a RTX 2080 in a 6mm thick iPad if you ran it at 10w and 150mhz.
Marketing.

In other news, had a tornado warning at work today. That was interesting.

Boys and girls am I an alcoholic. Alcohol dependent.

I spoke to my doctor and he says yes. I cant sleep unless I have a drink. I have been on the forums very little as some of you may noticed as of late.

I get anxious if I don't drink and sweat and shake for up to 36 hours. I cant stop thinking about alcohol. Its just amazing. The not giving a Fu**.

I don't know if I am alcohol dependent. I don't know what to think at the minute.

What do you gyes think.

Edit: Tech forums, is the only forum I'm a member of.

Edit 2: I've had a drink tonight I'm burning up.

Edit 3 I'm sweating buckets here. I cant stop burning up.

Last edited:
I'd say... get whatever help you can. It's clear you're struggling. Your doctor is right.

And in other news, I didn't wanna start my job search too quickly as i'm still currently working my notice period, but mainly because I want some sweet sweet time off work. I looked for a job a few months a go and it was really easy to get interviews and such. But I knew that I should play it safe, incase for some reason this time it takes months to get a job. So this morning I decided I will start the job search. Applied for a few jobs and then went back to reddit. Within 30 minutes of starting the job search and being back on reddit, I already had a call back saying i'm exactly what they're looking for and they want to interview me asap.

FFS I knew I shouldn't have started applying for jobs. I wanted 3 months off work being a lazy prick. My dad keeps telling me he hasn't had more than 2 weeks off work in 30 years, and that fills me with dread, so I wanted to take this time out while I had the opportunity. :(

The good news is it's for an IT Manager role at a small company. I said I have no management experience but apparently that's what they want, as the MD of the company apparently has a disdain for managers with no technical skills. He'd rather a technical person that learns to be a manager. Sounds good to me.
Pretty much the luckiest scenario.

Back
Top Bottom