Potentially the longest thread in history...

You guys working at companies spending 10's of thousands of dollars, meanwhile my work is nickel and diming in every conceivable way. I even took out HDDs from an old server surplus to requirements to reduce power draw. :lol:
I'm talking spending for myself, Lockheed won't purchase **** for us even though our systems keeps their piece of crap in the air.

SpaceX is very liberal with spending in IT. I've probably spent 1-2 million dollars in the last year.

SpaceX is very liberal with spending in IT. I've probably spent 1-2 million dollars in the last year.

On what ?

I'm obviously a huge PC fan and tech guy, but if I were running a company, I wouldn't take the piss. I'm not giving some office admin person who works out of Excel and Outlook thousands of dollars worth of screens and a top end PC. You get a couple of 24" TN panel monitor, and a standard spec desktop PC. At the same time if you're obviously a power user who is genuinely going to work faster and more productively with three 4K monitors, then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Looked into that a load. First of all it's not 8K its 2x 4K. But thats still a big res improvement on Vive/Rift.

But I still wouldn't get it probably. I'd wait til a big company makes a similar headset. This company are tiny and not that reliable. Plus i'd want OLED, these are just LCD.

I'll see what the reviews are like. If they're good i'll consider it perhaps.

In current tech they're sacrificing FPS for resolution, or vice versa. So to have 8k or 2x4k sounds all nice but that would prob be 30fps... intolerable for VR, would make me nauseous

In a perfect world I would love to see 500 fps at 8k each eye (2x8k)... now thats some tech I can get behind ;)

Back
Top Bottom