What You've Just Bought!

Why not slipstream :p

Don't think you can slipstream drivers in Win98, still not sure how, or if it's even possible to get them to load so I can install 98 on the RAID array. Either way, floppy drive certainly needed.

Trying to find good USB 2.0 controllers that are 98 compatible, but they seem to be dying off thanks to USB3.

Don't think you can slipstream drivers in Win98, still not sure how, or if it's even possible to get them to load so I can install 98 on the RAID array. Either way, floppy drive certainly needed.

Trying to find good USB 2.0 controllers that are 98 compatible, but they seem to be dying off thanks to USB3.
You want a card with controller on it, or drivers? I recently bought a Syba 4 port PCI card for mine and it works great.

You want a card with controller on it, or drivers? I recently bought a Syba 4 port PCI card for mine and it works great.

My issue is more or less, I need them to be internal pin headers for the front case USB ports, guess I should have been more specific. I think I have seen the Syba 4 port you are talking about float around for $15 or less on Amazon. Quiet a few brands that have that particular card it appears. But yeah, need a controller, probably start hunting on ebay.

My issue is more or less, I need them to be internal pin headers for the front case USB ports, guess I should have been more specific. I think I have seen the Syba 4 port you are talking about float around for $15 or less on Amazon. Quiet a few brands that have that particular card it appears. But yeah, need a controller, probably start hunting on ebay.
If it already has one header you can use something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Interna...rd_wg=nGtp9&psc=1&refRID=GPN3BAH58ETNPA946TNV

Just bought an 8 port Ubiquiti switch to postpone the (I'm assuming) expensive 6a routing to the master bedroom and living room. It already has 5e so all devices will be on a switch instead of individually wired :(

6a? Planning on 10Gbit or something?

I wonder if cat6 could handle 10Gbit at short distances... I remember when Gigabit first came along everyone said you must use Cat6, but 5e works fine for full distance Gigabit.

6a? Planning on 10Gbit or something?

I wonder if cat6 could handle 10Gbit at short distances... I remember when Gigabit first came along everyone said you must use Cat6, but 5e works fine for full distance Gigabit.
Yea I bought a 1000ft spool of 6a FTP and by the end of the month should have a 10Gb switch in my rack. The backbone will be 10Gb with direct access to my servers/NAS, and 3 walls in the house will have a 10Gb uplink to the network with 3 other ports to 1Gb. The 10Gb has a few purposes but for right now I'm settling since in less than a month I have a LAN to be prepared for.

Back
Top Bottom