Potentially the longest thread in history...

Now would be an eeeexcellent time to buy amd stock. They'll be hitting $16+ a share in less than 3 months is my prediction. We'll see how that one holds up :p

Today I started skating a little again, ankle and tailbone still have some healing to go so taking it easy :grin:
Also got 4 houses lined up to inspect this weekend, fingers crossed one of them works out

Now would be an eeeexcellent time to buy amd stock. They'll be hitting $16+ a share in less than 3 months is my prediction. We'll see how that one holds up :p

Today I started skating a little again, ankle and tailbone still have some healing to go so taking it easy :grin:
Also got 4 houses lined up to inspect this weekend, fingers crossed one of them works out

They have potential but I still don't have much faith in their long term prospects. They were basically gifted some Ryzen success through Intel complacency rather than ability to out-engineer & deliver. Intel will react within 24 to 36 months and surpass AMD again and stay there ahead for another 10 years. So AMD may peak for a short while and then die down again. People are also still choosing Nvidia over AMD for HPC and deep learning inferencing & training so I don't see them winning much of that market either.

Problem is they get behind, competition gets more $ and more market share, so they invest even more while AMD has to invest even less due to less capital. Vicious cycle to say the least.

If you want to invest in a somewhat reliable stock for small gains, i'd probably advise Apple. Believe it or not they are kind of undervalued. I think it is a pretty solid bet they will be a big leading player in AR, and there are rumblings that they are even ahead in self driving car technology. How I hear you say ? good question!. Turns out they have more than likely had SDC tech in every Apple Maps van since their inception. So they have been very quietly collecting a lot of data for a long time all over the world. Easy to imagine a future where car manufacturers drop their own in-car electronics, and go fully Apple CarPlay + Apple Self Driving. Am sure Google will do the same, Android Auto + Waymo SDC tech licensed out.

Last edited:
My employer finally got bought out. This is actually really good, I'm actually looking forward to coming in on Monday!

They have potential but I still don't have much faith in their long term prospects. They were basically gifted some Ryzen success through Intel complacency rather than ability to out-engineer & deliver. Intel will react within 24 to 36 months and surpass AMD again and stay there ahead for another 10 years. So AMD may peak for a short while and then die down again. People are also still choosing Nvidia over AMD for HPC and deep learning inferencing & training so I don't see them winning much of that market either.

Problem is they get behind, competition gets more $ and more market share, so they invest even more while AMD has to invest even less due to less capital. Vicious cycle to say the least.

If you want to invest in a somewhat reliable stock for small gains, i'd probably advise Apple. Believe it or not they are kind of undervalued. I think it is a pretty solid bet they will be a big leading player in AR, and there are rumblings that they are even ahead in self driving car technology. How I hear you say ? good question!. Turns out they have more than likely had SDC tech in every Apple Maps van since their inception. So they have been very quietly collecting a lot of data for a long time all over the world. Easy to imagine a future where car manufacturers drop their own in-car electronics, and go fully Apple CarPlay + Apple Self Driving. Am sure Google will do the same, Android Auto + Waymo SDC tech licensed out.
If Zen 2 is still on track for next year it'll be 7nm and surpass Intel. Intel's reaction is more cores ala Bulldozer, and they've hit a wall with IPC right now while simultaneously losing one of their top engineers. I don't see them doing jack for a bit while Zen is just going to get better over the next couple of years. Zen was engineered by Jim to be AMD's Sandy Bridge. RTG on the other hand is separate from the CPU division.

@PP
@Kman

Were do you get your information from about such things in regards to the conversation you are having at the minute.

Do you read this stuff online or do you watch some youtube Videos . Or is this knowledge you have as working in the tech industry . Seriously I would love to jump in on this but I have no idea were this is coming from.

In other news.

Man its been a rough week. I mean rough; and to top it off with I think I'm getting the flu. Constant ups and downs. I mean one minute I'm ill with anxiety and paranoia and the next I'm in bed with depression and then I'm soaring high like an eagle. Seriously man, paranoia is f* ing bull man. Actually sat in the house the other night, like this house and man did I snap my cap or what. FML .

Never mind, TF keeps me company anyhow. I jump on and look at what y'all post and think I'm actually pretty fortunate to some people to be able to even have what I have. Let alone socialize online with such intelligent people. Like seriously I sit hear amazed at times and then go off on one on Google researching stuff you kind folk post about.

Yeah; from what I have seen of other forums. Techist is a dying breed.

::sniff, sniff:: Little S0ULie is getting all grown up. ;) Good luck, mate.

My employer finally got bought out. This is actually really good, I'm actually looking forward to coming in on Monday!

Congrats. I hope your news turns out better than my bonus/raise BS did.

Man its been a rough week.

I hear ya. I ended up putting in 59.78 hours this week, with Thursday being just over a half day. I hope my phone doesn't go off this weekend...

Today I ended up only checking out two places, this is the more promising one:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property/17-favell-way-balga-wa-6061

Not quiiiite what I'm looking for, but if I can't find anything better I'll be putting in an offer. Until then the hunt continues :p

If you want to invest in a somewhat reliable stock for small gains, i'd probably advise Apple. Believe it or not they are kind of undervalued.

If AMD stock hits $16.50 over the next few months that'll be an ~18.3% increase, but $13.95 to $16.50 isn't a huge jump.
Same increase for apple would mean price has to go from $149.50 to $176.83. I'm honestly not sure what direction Apple will be heading, but overall I think I feel the same towards them as you do towards AMD :p

Today I ended up only checking out two places, this is the more promising one:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property/17-favell-way-balga-wa-6061

Not quiiiite what I'm looking for, but if I can't find anything better I'll be putting in an offer. Until then the hunt continues :p

If AMD stock hits $16.50 over the next few months that'll be an ~18.3% increase, but $13.95 to $16.50 isn't a huge jump.
Same increase for apple would mean price has to go from $149.50 to $176.83. I'm honestly not sure what direction Apple will be heading, but overall I think I feel the same towards them as you do towards AMD :p

To be fair I am not all that confident in Apples long term either. I think they are playing a dangerous game by not using user data to improve their AI. They could end up being left behind in the AI world, and that is not a world you want to be left behind in as a tech company. Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft could all end up having better voice recognition and assistants, and they'll only get more powerful over the next 5 years to the point I think they will be indespensable for a lot of people. I already use Google Assistant a tonne. But Apple are prioritizing privacy above all else, and while admirable, that is going to cost them big time, as it stops them feeding their 100's of millions of users worth of data into their datasets. And data is basically the 2nd maybe 3rd most important thing in improving AI, it's critical.

Plus their lack of enthusiasm around their scientists publishing research publicly makes them undesirable to work at for a lot of academics. So most talent out of top comp sci. colleges like Mellon and Stanford are not going to Apple, they are going to Google and Facebook, because they want to publish their work for other scientists and the public to see.

I think they will keep on top of the hardware game, but I think the technologies that are powered through the hardware like Siri will slowly fall behind competitors and that will be very problematic for them as they become more important.

Last edited:
To be fair I am not all that confident in Apples long term either. I think they are playing a dangerous game by not using user data to improve their AI. They could end up being left behind in the AI world, and that is not a world you want to be left behind in as a tech company. Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft could all end up having better voice recognition and assistants, and they'll only get more powerful over the next 5 years to the point I think they will be indespensable for a lot of people. I already use Google Assistant a tonne. But Apple are prioritizing privacy above all else, and while admirable, that is going to cost them big time, as it stops them feeding their 100's of millions of users worth of data into their datasets. And data is basically the 2nd maybe 3rd most important thing in improving AI, it's critical.

Plus their lack of enthusiasm around their scientists publishing research publicly makes them undesirable to work at for a lot of academics. So most talent out of top comp sci. colleges like Mellon and Stanford are not going to Apple, they are going to Google and Facebook, because they want to publish their work for other scientists and the public to see.

I think they will keep on top of the hardware game, but I think the technologies that are powered through the hardware like Siri will slowly fall behind competitors and that will be very problematic for them as they become more important.
And that's why I'll stick with them despite the fact that I've had 4 faulty iPhone 7's already.

Back
Top Bottom