Weekend Gaming

One thing to note is the speed test on the PS4 is botched and held back by Sony. I had all kinds of issues playing MP games on the PS4 even with a wired connection, constant network error notifications in BF1, and lag spikes in Rocket League. Nothing I did helped, not even have a beefy *** 1Gb connection with a 300 dollar prosumer switch. I had to setup a proxy on my server and now I can speedtest on the PS4 600/800 and updates aren't held back. Sad part is, still get lag spikes in RL. They haven't fixed that.

I didn't know that. Damn... My issues with RL have been really bad as of late. My car will literally stop turning for a split second so I miss the ball. It is crazy. My friend didn't believe me. It is just like losing communication with an RC car when it gets too far away.

I didn't know that. Damn... My issues with RL have been really bad as of late. My car will literally stop turning for a split second so I miss the ball. It is crazy. My friend didn't believe me. It is just like losing communication with an RC car when it gets too far away.
Yea Sony and their shenanigans are ****ing stupid with how they handle their service. RL is a whole different ballpark. I played a couple matches on PC the other night and actually didn't have any lag issues. So I think it's some sort of issue with the PS4.

Yea Sony and their shenanigans are ****ing stupid with how they handle their service. RL is a whole different ballpark. I played a couple matches on PC the other night and actually didn't have any lag issues. So I think it's some sort of issue with the PS4.

Sony has been doing this *** backwards every since the PS4 launched. They really have pissed me off with their lack of consumer awareness. Everything they do seems to be about making money instead of making customers happy. Look at their ****ty *** PS Now service as exhibit A. Microsoft on the other hand has been doing much better in that regard.

Been playing Horizon this whole week, having a lot more fun than I did with Zelda.
Probably going to play that all week.
This is probably one of the first games I've played where a side mission kinda feels like another story mission on its own, I've hard Witcher 3 is like that so I may try playing that game next.

I can say from at least minor exp that Witcher is very much like that, and it is both something I love but was also kind of unprepared for, so as a result I haven't logged too many hours on it. It was hard for me to get into the combat mechanics as well, or button mapping, more specifically. I could not recall where things were, esp in the heat of battle, and as a result spent the whole time hacking at enemies instead of using a combo of sword and sorcery. What I was able to do I enjoyed, and will definitely go back to it at some point, I just don't know when.

Sony has been doing this *** backwards every since the PS4 launched. They really have pissed me off with their lack of consumer awareness. Everything they do seems to be about making money instead of making customers happy. Look at their ****ty *** PS Now service as exhibit A. Microsoft on the other hand has been doing much better in that regard.

I would be legitimately interested to know the full mentality behind their decision making, and why it differs so greatly from XBox. I have a hard time thinking that giving users what they want (within reason, obv) is not a detriment to them, and could in fact expand their base. As with most brands, you've got die-hards either way, so why not give back to the people who are dedicated to you? Even their patience will run out after a point.

I would be legitimately interested to know the full mentality behind their decision making, and why it differs so greatly from XBox. I have a hard time thinking that giving users what they want (within reason, obv) is not a detriment to them, and could in fact expand their base. As with most brands, you've got die-hards either way, so why not give back to the people who are dedicated to you? Even their patience will run out after a point.

Yeah, I suppose there could be technological hurdles/limitations that they are running into, but I doubt it. Sony promised backwards compatibility (I know I rant about it from time to time here) before the PS4 launched through emulation and then reneged on it altogether and instead put out PS Now. To me that proves that they have the capability to provide backwards compatibility, but saw a way to get more money out of people and did that instead. That is grimy to me and will definitely be a factor when I purchase future consoles. It is funny because prior to launching the current gen consoles, that is something you would have expected from Microsoft.

Microsoft is also launching their own PS Now type service as an FYI.

What gets me is, not only did they limit the standard PS4 with a 2.4Ghz wireless solution, but when connected to a cable they still limit the capabilities of the box. Microsoft's backwards compatibility on the other hand all comes down to how they programmed for their software from the 360 days to now. The PS3 had it because it was a power house compared to the PS2 and PS1 but in this regard I think hardware limitations coupled with how they coded their games to run on PS3/PS4 is what's holding them back along with greed.

I'm with everyone else on why they continue to screw the customer base they still have with how they go about doing things. Their mobile market already failed because of this mentality, their TV market is soon to fail because of it too, and next will be their console market. I mean, Xbox has had the ability to fully utilize external storage since day one but it took 3.5 years for Sony to do it. On the other hand Microsoft also has their own caveats as well, like USB mic support on the Xbox One. Almost anything is plug and play on the PS4 like the PC, yet I always need a different solution for the Xbox.

The Microsoft service is all current gen games though. Something more akin to digital Gamefly or the EA Access service. Microsoft has completely embraced backwards compatibility and continues to add new games to the already massive list of playable games.
Each system definitely has its own merits and shortcomings, I just think that Microsoft is doing a lot more to make their customer experience more enjoyable at this point.

When I briefly read an advert on it I saw a mention of backwards compatibility but I never actually read a full article on it as I don't even have Gold anymore.

I wouldn't say it's that enjoyable, their UI is still stupid af. I use my One S for Plex and geez it's a chore just to do basic things.

When I briefly read an advert on it I saw a mention of backwards compatibility but I never actually read a full article on it as I don't even have Gold anymore.

I wouldn't say it's that enjoyable, their UI is still stupid af. I use my One S for Plex and geez it's a chore just to do basic things.

Yeah my friend hates how his Xbone is a pain to interface with anything too. Sony has done nothing for its fanbase lately though. Also, I am in a bitchy mood today because I have to work tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom