Official Windows 10 Thread

Coming from a chuggy install of 8.1 that half worked 10 actually isn't snappier for me. Animations and such are, but when it comes to actual use it kinda chugs about like 7 for me.

Edit: Who's gonna try the UE4 DX12 demo?

It was actually half way removed in 7 due to the fact that they stopped supporting them.

You do realize that 10 is nothing more than 8.1 with a new UI and a bunch of extra BS stuffed in it we don't need, right? To me 10 is actually slower than 8.1 due to this very reason.

But in win 7 you can still DL a widget and install it. with win 10 you cannot.

I still can't compare it to 8.1 because I have not yet done the desktop, Did the laptop to see how well it worked and it's MUCH snappier than it was with 7, Girlfriends daughter has a similar desktop and we were both loading a online game to play against each other and I was waiting for hers to load by a considerable amount, I DO have a SSD but it's still much faster than it was with 7 on it.

Update failed. Something about the system reserved partition. I guess I will have to research exactly what it is going on when I get home this evening.

First time trying to upgrade I had issues... Found out my ISO download was corrupted. Second go-around, went off without a hitch.

Most everyone with issues is either on hardware that isn't meant or designed for even Win8, or, they have some form of NASTY malware infection IMO.

Win 10 kept bugging me to update so I clicked through it and scheduled it to do so a few days later, but after my last click, when I thought it was uploading files, it went through the whole update, I didn't want that NOW!!!

First issue was error 43 graphics card, win 10 didst like it, installed the drivers that came with my card, and all was as it should be. HOWEVER, put comp in sleep mode, wake it up today and graphics card dejaview, had to reinstall the drivers again!!

Hope this is not a habit!!! Later when I have time I will work though the Win 10 key find, make a media disk and do the clean install.

As for performance, I see no difference from WIn 7 , but then my comp is a 2013 build still fairly fast, so the whole update process was like 20 mins top. Other than the panels when you click the window button I don't see too much different.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of issues updating to Windows 10. How has it been for you guys?
No issues here - did a clean install with a retail ISO I have from DreamSpark, and all is good.

First issue was error 43 graphics card, win 10 didst like it, installed the drivers that came with my card, and all was as it should be. HOWEVER, put comp in sleep mode, wake it up today and graphics card dejaview, had to reinstall the drivers again!!
Are you running the Win10 drivers for your GPU?

Hope this is not a habit!!! Later when I have time I will work though the Win 10 key find, make a media disk and do the clean install.

There is no key for Win10 upgrades - it's based off of your hardware hash that gets generated once you do the update once. After you do the update, you can do a clean install. If you run a key finder on Win10, it's just going to return back a generic key not specific to your install.

First time trying to upgrade I had issues... Found out my ISO download was corrupted. Second go-around, went off without a hitch.

Most everyone with issues is either on hardware that isn't meant or designed for even Win8, or, they have some form of NASTY malware infection IMO.
Media Creation Tool doesn't work properly if certain services are disabled. This can cause issues with the ISO and the update process. In my case, it just wanted my SATA controllers enabled to install to my PCI-E SSD :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom