help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the sign-in page of the Google service you want to use (for example, Gmail).
Enter your username and password.
Select "Don't have your phone?".
In the box that comes up, select the option to send the code to your backup phone.

how do you actually get to this point so i can send the text to my new phone?

It's really quite simple. You either have access to the phone that is listed on the account or you don't. If you don't, then it's your fault for not keeping your information up to date. Just because you get a new phone doesn't mean that the number has to change.

If you don't have access to that, and you can't supply enough information to Google to access the account and change the password, then it's done. You'll never get back into that account. It's a security thing. You should actually be thankful that not just anybody get get to your stuff.

Hi Guys thats why I turned to this forum. I have the IMEI's numbers and apple still wont unlock the account. I have called apple 4 times with passwords IMEI numbers everything ywt nothing. That was 6 months ago

On my gmail it doesnt give the option for any kind of phone

absolute nonesense I could get a lawyer thats it. I can supply the information just apple and google wont accept it. And listen the phone was stolen!!

I am actually a 38 year old ex IT Manager @)

I have legal information on my accounts thats why its difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
If you "was" an IT manager you "should" know alot better!!!! at keeping information upto date.. I don't believe for a second you was a IT manager unless it was in a country that only had 1 windows 95 computer...

P.s an IMEI number is useless to Apple for a password reset, it doesnt prove its yours lol... you should know this given you was an IT manager... :cool:

P.p.s why do you keep posting information like someone has asked you for it? e.g. your age...

Last edited:
Hi Guys thats why I turned to this forum. I have the IMEI's numbers and apple still wont unlock the account. I have called apple 4 times with passwords IMEI numbers everything ywt nothing. That was 6 months ago

IMEI numbers are related to a phone, not an Apple account. That has nothing to do with gaining access to an account to which you've lost a password.

On my gmail it doesnt give the option for any kind of phone

That means you didn't enter that information into Google when you created the account.

absolute nonesense I could get a lawyer thats it. I can supply the information just apple and google wont accept it. And listen the phone was stolen!!

If the phone was stolen, you can have the phone deactivated and the phone number transferred to your new phone. However, that still has nothing to do with knowing your passwords or being able to reset them unless that phone number is tied to those accounts as a recovery option, which you have already said it's not.

A lawyer isn't going to be able to force the company to unlock a lost account. Apple won't even allow law enforcement nor government officials into those accounts. I wouldn't waste your money, but that's your choice.

I have legal information on my accounts thats why its difficult

I don't quite understand what you mean here. The type of information stored on the account doesn't make it more or less difficult. It's all in how you setup the account. If you failed to enter recovery email addresses or phone numbers, that's your fault.

At the end of the day, nobody else is responsible for that information except for you. Period. If you don't have that information, then your accounts are lost. There is no in between. Can you provide the information? Yes = recover the account. No = account is gone forever.

what i mean is I have documents on my email that were needed for high level court cases. Apple and Gmail blocked my account when the passwords were correct so I need to somehow access it without using them

The IMEI number just proves you're holding the phone, it doesn't mean it's yours.

Visit an Apple Store if you need to see a face-to-face representative.

Google and Apple don't care what information is stored on your account, as far as they care it could be coursework, court papers, motivational pictures... if you don't know your password, and have managed to lose every single method of alternatively unlocking the account, you will NOT be getting the information from it legally.

You may *think* you have the information to unlock it, but from what I gather, you:
1. Don't have the alternative phone number anymore.
2. Can't access your alternative email address.
3. Have a locked out account with Apple.
4. Didn't set security questions.

The ONLY solvable problem from the above 4 points is that your Apple account is locked out, but if you didn't set recovery options for that either, you're screwed, sorry.

Btw guys, lets not hit out at the fact he said he was an IT manager... they're not always technical, and not always helpful either... lol

The hitting out I couldnt care less really I was an IT Manager at 6 major banks and was the manager of techies, BA, Testers developers I just needed to make sure **** got done.

I got the IMEI number from an apple store but when I call apple the still refuse to open, I dont necessarily need my gmail although it has sensitive info its the youtube videos I need to edit quickly because they are causing me a huge problem

and btw I have had to chance my fb and email numerous times so my situation is less than normal but I somehow have to get access

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom