Windows 10 update

Especially since businesses most likely won't be getting the free upgrade to Win10 lol. I know Win7 and Win8 Enterprise are excluded from the Free Upgrade.

Lockheed is still 100% Windows 7 Enterprise but their image is custom so they don't really depend on Microsoft at all or their support.

Tablets are now being rolled out with 8.1 though (currently 7).

It wouldn't be very wise to roll out large companies with 10 even after 6 months or so. They want to know if there are going to be any huge drawbacks to the OS and I know our imaging team here goes through tons of testing before even considering test deployment.

It wouldn't be very wise to roll out large companies with 10 even after 6 months or so. They want to know if there are going to be any huge drawbacks to the OS and I know our imaging team here goes through tons of testing before even considering test deployment.

not much different from going from XP to 7....save your time and money and make the jump from XP to 10. Either 7 or 10, there will be drawbacks and unexpected problems coming from XP. Wait and you can get 10 yrs out of 10 or don't and get only 5 years on 7

I understand where your coming from, just seems foolish to invest in Windows 7 at this stage. Waiting for several more months could've gotten twice as much time on the OS before extended support ends

Well, they've had both xp and 7 for a while, but we just decided to get rid of the rest of the XP machines which had freaking i5 processors and HDMI capability haha. I was not here when they built those machines because I would have argued that for so long. I think it was because of a compatibility issue with certain software the company runs off of. But these days its just easier to get a good 1TB drive and partition half for Win 7 and half for XP or run XP in a virtual environment. Plenty of things I would have suggested had I been here longer.

The good part about my position is that I have permission to pretty much do whatever I want with the machines. Those XP i5 8GB ram machines were supposed to be recycled to a place that will resell them I THINK NOT! lol I took that s*** home. 9 machines with i5's and 2 with core 2 duo. They all have {at least} a 500GB HDD, 4GB ram, dual core processor, Intel boards (not too exciting), USB 3.0, esata, HDMI, and dual DVI ports. Pretty much $350-$500 machines.

Those XP i5 8GB ram machines were supposed to be recycled to a place that will resell them I THINK NOT! lol I took that s*** home. 9 machines with i5's and 2 with core 2 duo. They all have {at least} a 500GB HDD, 4GB ram, dual core processor, Intel boards (not too exciting), USB 3.0, esata, HDMI, and dual DVI ports. Pretty much $350-$500 machines.

Wanna send me one? :p I need a beefier server :lol:

HMMM... But I want my Bot Net :yum: lol

Possibly if you pay shipping and a small price though I will honestly think about it.

Since you were the first to reply (so sorry other people don't ask lol)

We can continue the convo in PM to not clutter up the thread :p.

Back
Top Bottom