FEB 20th 2013

Sony Computer Entertainment of America CEO Jack Tretton, acknowledged the pricing for the software of the PlayStation 4, and it's no where near as bad as you might have been expecting...in fact, it's a heck of a lot better than most gamers have been expecting. The price of games will not increase and the ceiling is capped at $60, where-as smaller Minis titles will be available for as low as $0.99.

To people that were worried you would have to constantly be online, here is an article which might settle your stomach a bit:
PlayStation 4 does not require an internet connection • News • PlayStation 4 • Eurogamer.net

Or, if you don't wanna click, here is a quote from the article, where the interviewer is interviewing Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida:

Does the PlayStation 4 always need to be connected to the internet, I asked?

"You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected," he suggested. "The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita."

Are all of those things optional, though? For people who have broadband data limits, for example? They can customise everything?

"Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that."

First, what we're using is that Share button on the PlayStation 4 controller. With that one button, you can broadcast, from your game, live, 100% real-time to your friends. (...) Your friends can actually look over your shoulder virtually and interact with you while you're playing; and if you allow them, your friends can also post comments to your screen; you can solicit support from them, or you can just trash-talk with them. (...) You can ask your friend on the internet who's finished that game, to take over your controller and assist. We're building this capability into the PS4 and the PlayStation Network.

First, what we're using is that Share button on the PlayStation 4 controller. With that one button, you can broadcast, from your game, live, 100% real-time to your friends. (...) Your friends can actually look over your shoulder virtually and interact with you while you're playing; and if you allow them, your friends can also post comments to your screen; you can solicit support from them, or you can just trash-talk with them. (...) You can ask your friend on the internet who's finished that game, to take over your controller and assist. We're building this capability into the PS4 and the PlayStation Network.

i think it sounds terrible, so now when ol snake 50 wants an achievment that you have that he doesnt hes just gonna tell you to get it for him, i think if i were them i would make a bigger deal out of cross game party chat rather than this stupid stuff that will prob only be used once

I dont get why peopel are so up about the cross party chat I am sorry but I am playing a diferent game i dont need to talk to my friends like a teenager. If I want to talk I can call on my cell phone now when we playing the same game together that I need and we already have that

I dont get why peopel are so up about the cross party chat I am sorry but I am playing a diferent game i dont need to talk to my friends like a teenager. If I want to talk I can call on my cell phone now when we playing the same game together that I need and we already have that

It mostly helps when you are playing with someone who has the lowest tier ISP and you constanlty get kicked from games.... cough cough Slay and Borst

Back
Top Bottom