Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I wont be dealing with any of that stuff. I will be working at the west Ft Worth plant. The one everybody knows about is the max security plant in Grand Prairie. I'll also be a tech so nothing but computer related stuff for me. Probably troubleshooting from what I'm being told.

Ah, but if you are tech support, you get to know everyone and everything in the business ;)

Like at DHL, we have access to all IT systems of course. So we speak to everyone and anyone on a PC, remote in to all PC's (and therefor see what people are doing), and are all over the building. We know everything, all the stories passing around, company news.. etc. It's fun :D

Ah, but if you are tech support, you get to know everyone and everything in the business ;)

Like at DHL, we have access to all IT systems of course. So we speak to everyone and anyone on a PC, remote in to all PC's (and therefor see what people are doing), and are all over the building. We know everything, all the stories passing around, company news.. etc. It's fun :D
While dealing with that company you keep your nose clean. My friend was telling me even at the other facility you have to have certain security clearance to work on certain computers if need be. So naturally, if I'm first tier I will be dealing with regular stuff even though I'm sure if I wanted to know whatever I could ask him. Thing is, I like to keep my nose clean when I'm paying paid good money to simply fix computers.

While dealing with that company you keep your nose clean. My friend was telling me even at the other facility you have to have certain security clearance to work on certain computers if need be. So naturally, if I'm first tier I will be dealing with regular stuff even though I'm sure if I wanted to know whatever I could ask him. Thing is, I like to keep my nose clean when I'm paying paid good money to simply fix computers.

Same here, i'm at an airport, so yeah.. you can imagine the security. I needed 5 year criminal records background check to get my job.

Not gunna lie, the USA causes us a **** load of problems. Every load of freight coming in a truck that has any US boud stuff goes through one of these, basically a radiation detector.

4382761265_ca75af7a49.jpg

And if it goes off every piece of cargo is offloaded, put in a radiation room by trained loaders wearing hazmat suits into a lead walled outbuilding for radioactive substances. All scanning outbound is frozen which is wear we come in as IT, we have to restart all the systems when we have clearance from security . But it never starts up properly, it all goes wrong, all the scanners get ****ed up. Your basically looking at about a 24hour delay on every parcel in the building. Which is bad for the customer but worse for us but we are the ones that have to answer for million pound fines when aircraft don't take off due to infrastructure issues.

And it usually goes off because of stupid things that shouldn't make it go off. Like large quantities of radioactive iodine used in hospitals.

Last edited:

I don't like jobs that need security clearances. My old boss at the computer shop used to work for a branch of the CIA and had to keep up with those clearances, had to use lie detector tests and such. Those things don't really work on me correctly, so I'd probably never be able to get a clearance to start with, lol.

Back
Top Bottom