Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

The speeds wont be that great compared to standard DSL or cable though, and if you can move to where some fiber is you will have it made. Unless you wind up staying, I wouldn't be any kind of excited for a new sat system.

50Mbps down, 25Mbps up satellite, business class from HN, beta only, rather good for areas that have no land line communication IMO. Chances are though, the plans will never go through since the satellite only has ~148Gbit/s throughput.

IMO, far superior to certain land line services since most are capping at really low up speeds.

the 2500k is still a power powerful processor. if it's not enough for FRAPS, I wonder how people recorded back in the days of Core 2's. I can almost guarantee most people having problems with FRAPS is because they don't have enough (hard drive) bandwidth for the recorded videos.

+1 to all that. Fraps really doesn't take much CPU, mostly because it does very little processing. As evidenced by the hugormous files it creates.
While recording my extremely taxing copy of Skyrim my CPU was running 100%, and was reading the game off a drive and recording to my SSD (plenty of bandwidth). I was having serious drop issues when doing this. Switching the record destination to the other slower HDD caused it to smooth out. I was recording full size at 1080p too at 30fps. Doesn't make much sense to me why I was having drops recording to the SSD when it's doing nothing, but whatever. I now have a video and can be like, this CPU is perfect for every task right now.

That's odd, I can record 1080p@60fps at ultra settings without issue. That's while playing from my SSD and recording to my 640GB internal SATA.

I found no issue with fraps as long as the recording destination was not the same drive as where the game is located.

Today I reenabled my VPNReactor account because I cant be bothered to wait 3 extra days for the EU Sleeping Dogs game release on steam. It came out in the US today. I have it preloaded but can not play it while all the americans can. so **** that, use a US VPN server, log in to steam, play.

That's odd, I can record 1080p@60fps at ultra settings without issue. That's while playing from my SSD and recording to my 640GB internal SATA.

I found no issue with fraps as long as the recording destination was not the same drive as where the game is located.

Today I reenabled my VPNReactor account because I cant be bothered to wait 3 extra days for the EU Sleeping Dogs game release on steam. It came out in the US today. I have it preloaded but can not play it while all the americans can. so **** that, use a US VPN server, log in to steam, play.
That's the thing, my game is on the same drive as the destination. Before I was reading the game off the HDD and recording to my SSD. When I switched to recording to the HDD too is when it smoothed out. By 30fps, I mean that is what I'm recording at, not my in game FPS. My in game dips sometimes due to lack of 580, but I'm not running any AA or anything anymore either.

Today I have my Samsung 830 128GB SSD! :AwwwYea:

I've had a few of them for months now :Peeking:

While recording my extremely taxing copy of Skyrim my CPU was running 100%, and was reading the game off a drive and recording to my SSD (plenty of bandwidth). I was having serious drop issues when doing this. Switching the record destination to the other slower HDD caused it to smooth out. I was recording full size at 1080p too at 30fps. Doesn't make much sense to me why I was having drops recording to the SSD when it's doing nothing, but whatever. I now have a video and can be like, this CPU is perfect for every task right now.

Is your 2500k OC'd? Also, I'm very curious as to why is had trouble recording to the SSD? :p

It'll look the same.

Had to sell it back in May when Mariah lost her job from being stupid. I had to sell it for 200 less than what I paid because of the damn 670s release. Needed to feed us and the boy. I've been trying to save up money to buy a new GPU since having lost all that power has made me computer depressed, no really it has. But, being a stay at home dad and all with a chick that doesn't want to listen to me making the money I have no control over any kind of savings.

Family first.

Family first.
That's why I'm dealing with a 465 again lol. It's not that bad, really. If I OCed it I would have 480 performance and not really lag in Skyrim, but I need that extra VRAM for the textures. Everything else plays fine since I run BF3 on all low anyways with 4xAA. I just don't wanna OC and deal with the heat since it's summer. After having a 5850 in her machine and the 580 in my machine it made me realize how hot these Fermi cards really are.
After recent events (like just happened) now she wants to sell her 3960x and get me a new GPU. Lesigh. Can't let that happen.

Back
Top Bottom