Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

PP will love this one. I was driving to work this morning, running a bit late, so I decided to get with the flow of traffic on I-79. The speed limit is 65mph. I was doing about 70. People were passing me on both sides (I was in the middle lane), so I move over to the left, and step on the gas. I'm going 90mph when I see lights behind me. There were people STILL passing me, in the right lane, that had to have been going at least 100. The one day I leave the Radar Detector in my truck, they catch me going 30mph over the limit. I have a $177 fine, I have to go to court, and some class about why not to drive with rage, since apparently I was driving angrily. Only in America.

PP will love this one. I was driving to work this morning, running a bit late, so I decided to get with the flow of traffic on I-79. The speed limit is 65mph. I was doing about 70. People were passing me on both sides (I was in the middle lane), so I move over to the left, and step on the gas. I'm going 90mph when I see lights behind me. There were people STILL passing me, in the right lane, that had to have been going at least 100. The one day I leave the Radar Detector in my truck, they catch me going 30mph over the limit. I have a $177 fine, I have to go to court, and some class about why not to drive with rage, since apparently I was driving angrily. Only in America.
Only in America will they pull over the last in line speeding rather than the first. The first starts the faster flow of traffic, and in America it is legal to speed long as you are going with the flow of traffic. MERICA!! **** the police.

When you told me about Waterfox a few months ago, I noticed it seemed slower than Chrome. I thought it was just me; thanks for confirming my sanity. It seems like no matter what, I just keep going back to Chrome.
Well I'm not actually using Chrome, rather I'm using Iron. Waterfox is faster than Firefox, but with both installed they start to derp up. I need Firefox for EA's stupid ass Battlelog because the plugin doesn't support 64bit. Well, I tossed it all. Fresh format, no Mozilla anything. **** it.

Only in America will they pull over the last in line speeding rather than the first. The first starts the faster flow of traffic, and in America it is legal to speed long as you are going with the flow of traffic. MERICA!! **** the police.

You sir, deserve a cookie! Everyone at work just told me it was my fault and that I shouldn't have been speeding. Sorry, let me get out of my car and inform the line of traffic 3 miles behind me that we need to slow down.

You sir, deserve a cookie! Everyone at work just told me it was my fault and that I shouldn't have been speeding. Sorry, let me get out of my car and inform the line of traffic 3 miles behind me that we need to slow down.

Yea exactly. The newer highways here in DFW are 70mph. I was doing 70mph while it was raining, while people were FLYING past me. Like, crotch rocket speeds. WHILE IT WAS POURING!! I swear to God the only reason we pay so much for road tax is because people run into the walls too much due to being too stupid. Yet cops will pull the person doing only 5 over when every body else is doing 20-40 over.
When Mariah is a cop I'm going to play the NWA song **** the police the loudest my radio will go every time I get on the road. I'm sick of our "justice" system. Cops would rather harass honest people with retarded traffic violations instead of actually protect the public. I'm sorry, it should be my right whether I want to wear that violating contraption you call a safety belt or not.

It is just luck. You get some cops that will let you off for doing 10 or 20 over, and you get others that fine you for going even slightly over. It is just luck of the draw. If a load of people are speeding, they are going to pull over one of them. They might just randomly choose, or they might choose the most dodgy looking person.. or the least if they want to make their life easy.

So many factors. I don't really mind being pulled over, as i'm pretty used to it. Every week I drive home from my friends at 2am on my own. So some young lad in a car at that time of the day, i'm practically asking to be pulled over for looking suspicious. And I do, atleast every month. Usually they just breath test me ask me what i'm doing and send me on my way. They have never cared that I am speeding, which I always am at that time - they don't really care though because it's on an empty country road with no other cars around. I think it would be a different story during the day or on a motorway.

It is just luck. You get some cops that will let you off for doing 10 or 20 over, and you get others that fine you for going even slightly over. It is just luck of the draw. If a load of people are speeding, they are going to pull over one of them. They might just randomly choose, or they might choose the most dodgy looking person.. or the least if they want to make their life easy.

So many factors. I don't really mind being pulled over, as i'm pretty used to it. Every week I drive home from my friends at 2am on my own. So some young lad in a car at that time of the day, i'm practically asking to be pulled over for looking suspicious. And I do, atleast every month. Usually they just breath test me ask me what i'm doing and send me on my way. They have never cared that I am speeding, which I always am at that time - they don't really care though because it's on an empty country road with no other cars around. I think it would be a different story during the day or on a motorway.
That is the thing though. It is LEGAL to speed if you are going with the flow of traffic. Here, that could mean a whole pack of 100+ cars all going down the highway at 70-75MPH. You can actually get pulled over for going too slow even if you are doing the speed limit because you are causing "traffic". No joke.

Over here we also don't get pulled over in the night unless driving suspicious. Like last night how I explained the cop pulled up behind me. The only thing I did wrong was putter a bit getting into 1st from a dead stop. So he decided to make a right turn from the middle lane at a red light (totally illegal) just to get behind me and ride my ass. There was absolutely no reason for that as I was doing the speed limit, car legal, no suspicious activity at all. The cops are just ridiculous in this particular area. While living in Venus you could practically do anything long as it wasn't in 2 different spots. The night of 4-20 they were pulling people coming right out of the Whataburger just on it being pot night.
As I explained a week or so ago, they pull over Mariah's car because she has a smashed back end and expect her car not to be legal. In Mansfield (a town bigger than Venus about 10 minutes north up the highway from my old house) you can speed doing 70-75mph (speed limit 65) on the highway but on Walnut Creek if you do 32 in the 30 in front of Walmart they will pull you over for speeding. It's a high traffic area with 2 lanes going both ways and a center turning lane. Really though everybody speeds and are lucky for not being caught. Usually I'll look around after I make the turn off the highway and if I see no cop I'll do about 40 considering a mile up the road the limit is increased to 40. It's just all plain ridiculous.
Another perfect example. Last night while my GPS and phone signal were going bonkers on me I was all over the road driving really unsafe on a holiday weekend in the middle of an actual city and rather large area. Shifting odd, not using blinkers, ect. Not a single **** was given. Shift oddly into first with a putter and boom cop behind me. Cop logic.

Americans...

Today I'll be running the IT room by myself again. Got a crap load of stuff to get through, but the good news is I've got tomorrow off and monday is a public holiday. 4-day weekend ftw!

We have four days over here as well (not that it matters to me as I'm on study leave).

Got saturday Sunday Monday public holiday then on Tuesday the queen thing.

I CANNOT GET TO SLEEP! I always have trouble sleeping but I can usually get to sleep before 10 past 2, tho heat isn't helping I guess. It can't just be the heat though, when I go somewhere hot I can usually fall asleep. Really frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom