What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Thank you.
I am not an audiophile myself either. So I guess I should just be happy with the HD 555s :p.

Bought some stoofs with christmas money.

Mionix Naos 5000 Mouse
67111_naos_5000_5_0_orig.jpg

I'm slowly getting used to it, the mouse I had previously I loved but they don't make it anymore (the middle mouse button stopped working on it). This is what I had before: http://www.geek-cube.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/oczbehemoth.jpg. It's similar in the way it feels, but the spot for your pinky is smaller on the Naos, the Behemoth had an actual indent your pink fit in, now it kinda drags on the mouse pad unless you do a claw grip with your ring and pinky fingers. The spot for your thumb to rest is a lot smaller to, it kinda drags on the mouse pad as well. Compared to the Behemoth, the back/forward buttons on the side don't fell as "robust", they're a lot flatter and are really easy to click. The old mouse you could really feel which button you had your thumb on, and it had a tougher click so you wouldn't click it on accident. The driver software does some cool stuff, like you can change the colors of the leds, just wish they gave you a color wheel instead of presets (they don't even give you white as an option, I'm using dark blue right now).

On a side note, this company actually has the same EXACT design as the behemoth, they must have bought the rights to it or something after OCZ stopped making it (I would have gotten it if I could find it anywhere).

Razer Onza Tournament Edition
razer-onza-te-main.jpg

My last one the right top button wouldn't work all the time so I got this. Main reason I got it over a regular Microsoft 360 controller is because the analog sticks have adjustable resistance. Why would I want that? My last controller I bought used, so it was already broken in a lot (analog sticks had a good amount of play in them) it made it easier to turn with a stick that didn't snap back to center really easy. Since I can adjust the resistance, it's easier to move the stick and is similar to my old controller. I really don't like the extra programmable top buttons they put on though, I just programmed them to be the same as the top button right next to it, in case my finger slips. The rubber coating might be nice so it doesn't slip when my hands get sweaty too. The ABXY buttons light up too, hopefully they don't burn out fast since they are constantly lit up when plugged in (which is always).

Corsair HS1NA Headset
hs1_view_a.png

I had the Plantronics 777 but the left earcup snapped off at the sliding joint when I put it on once, I've had it duct taped together for the last half a year :lol: (funny story about when I got that headset, I ordered the 377 but they sent me the 777 instead, they billed me for the 377 8)). I don't actually have the headset yet, it shipped separately. I chose this one because it had 50mm drivers instead of the usual 40mm, the software has an equalizer just for the headset (some reviews I've read said the bass isn't the best in the world, but I'm hoping the equalizer will make it deep), the ear cup isn't supposed to touch your ear at all, just go around it, the foam on the ear cups is memory foam (should be really comfy). Plus Corsair makes really quality products all around.

Crysis Maximum Edition (comes with Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars online thing (most likely won't use the online)).
41GAdk2F0wL.jpg

Crysis 2 (somehow I got the limited edition version, I don't think I payed for that, unless the prices are the same still).
crysis2-limited-edition.jpg

Interesting that they are making a Behemoth clone like that, I loved the feel of that mouse but seeing as mine barely lasted 2 years of gentle use I'm not sure I would want another one. Although now that I have gotten used to the shape of my G500 I'm not sure I could ever stand another mouse.

I just ordered a second G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb DDR3 1600 kit for my desktop as well as a Sandisk Ultra 12gb SSD as a midlife update. The SSD still uses the first generation Sandforce controller however the firmware for it is very mature at this point and it also uses 34nm nand as opposed to the 25nm nand of most other drives so in theory it should last longer. I'm only using it as a applications drive so even with the older controller it should be plenty fast, besides it was only $125 shipped from newegg.

Finally got my main cellphone turn on again, its been about 40 days since I couldnt pay the tmobile bill.
Also steam had did a temporary price cut on Super Street Fighter 4 arcade edition.
ssfiv_arcade_edition_a1_by_dj_fahr-d3l5z82.png

Last time I checked they wanted 40.00 for it but they had sold it for 22.00.
This:eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

My Friend through this against her bedroom wall over the year, as of now I keep it so I am left to repair the whole housing again.

Interesting that they are making a Behemoth clone like that, I loved the feel of that mouse but seeing as mine barely lasted 2 years of gentle use I'm not sure I would want another one. Although now that I have gotten used to the shape of my G500 I'm not sure I could ever stand another mouse.

I have that Mionix, did a review on it. It may be like the Behemoth but it is no clone.

I am right pleased with it.

Corsair HS1NA Headset
hs1_view_a.png

I had the Plantronics 777 but the left earcup snapped off at the sliding joint when I put it on once, I've had it duct taped together for the last half a year :lol: (funny story about when I got that headset, I ordered the 377 but they sent me the 777 instead, they billed me for the 377 8)). I don't actually have the headset yet, it shipped separately. I chose this one because it had 50mm drivers instead of the usual 40mm, the software has an equalizer just for the headset (some reviews I've read said the bass isn't the best in the world, but I'm hoping the equalizer will make it deep), the ear cup isn't supposed to touch your ear at all, just go around it, the foam on the ear cups is memory foam (should be really comfy). Plus Corsair makes really quality products all around.

Are those the HS1A or the HS1? I was thinking of getting the 1300 or 1500 to replace my Megalodons.

EDIT: FAIL ME.. Didn't see the link. If you payed $100 for them I would send them back and get the new ones as they are the same price: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CA-90...QP7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325441549&sr=8-1

Trotter:1951634 said:

I have that Mionix, did a review on it. It way be like the Behemoth but it is no clone.

I am right pleased with it.

I was referring to Raptor he posted a link to, the design is exactly the same as the Behemoth.

Are those the HS1A or the HS1? I was thinking of getting the 1300 or 1500 to replace my Megalodons.

EDIT: FAIL ME.. Didn't see the link. If you payed $100 for them I would send them back and get the new ones as they are the same price: Amazon.com: Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset: Computers & Accessories
Ah cool, I didn't see those. They didn't ship yet since I ordered them Friday, I cancelled the order on Amazon (don't think it went through yet though, would they do it on Monday or today (it's the weekend still))?

It depends.. Probably since its New Years Day everything will get done tomorrow.

The plus side to the new headset that is the same price, is that most of the general complaints of the HS1 have been fixed. The biggest I think was the drivers and the crappy bass.

My Megalodons started working again, which makes me think that my USB ports are causing the problems.

Back
Top Bottom