Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Where facts are not yet known or not provable and people put forth their own version of "truth" (whether they be right or wrong isn't the point), conflict often ensues. Religion is a good example, but win8 works as well lol
I'm so glad you of all people got that lol.

I just like to think after the embarressment that is Vista they would be a lot more cautious around Win8.

And there is a big difference between Vista and Win8, Vista is just bad at it's core. It's slow and resource hungry, the thing people don't like about Win8 (Metro) is essentially just another user interface that can quite easily be changed in relative terms.
Well unlike other naysayers I actually got past the Metro UI and still didn't like it. When there is driver support I will try gaming with it, but usual computer activities I did not like it that much.

Just thought I'd go out this morning before the sunrise and take some pics.
Goes on to netweather account
Checks cloudcover
viewimage.pbx

Damn weather is always the opposite of what i want.

Kinda weird as I just made this little picture explaining why we got instant cloud cover in a matter of an hour.

lolwut.jpg

Edit: On a more serious note, shouldn't somebody keep up with the news on the site?

I use the system I grew up using and will continue to use it. I don't see how the rest of the world can't understand that.
No rikey

I grew up with win98, didn't stop me from switching to 7. Just because you grew up with something doesn't mean you have to stick with it, espeically when there's no logical OR sentimental reason to do so. Unless you *do* get sentimental over measurements? :p

English was brought to Britain by Germanic invaders from various parts of Germany and the Netherlands, so sorry English is not "your" language.

As for units of measurement each to their own. I for one have no issues with math and converting feet to inches, or inches to miles so I'm fine with what is currently in place. The metric system is a decent system of measurement but unit's like feet, inches, and miles are used far to commonly and have no equals in the metric system.

No rikey

I grew up with win98, didn't stop me from switching to 7. Just because you grew up with something doesn't mean you have to stick with it, espeically when there's no logical OR sentimental reason to do so. Unless you *do* get sentimental over measurements? :p
It's the fact that from the time you are 5 years old till how ever old you are in the US you get your ass creamed with Imperial system. It's in literally everything that has to do with our daily lives. Then again I can turn it around, I have no reason to switch since nothing here uses the Metric system :)

Kman, this site. The news isn't updated with all the latest BS.

It's the fact that from the time you are 5 years old till how ever old you are in the US you get your ass creamed with Imperial system. It's in literally everything that has to do with our daily lives. Then again I can turn it around, I have no reason to switch since nothing here uses the Metric system :)

If you ended that post there...LOL

edit:

Just remembered AMD 7970 review embargo lifted now, time for some reading.

Fair point PP, but I guess if I lived in the US I'd learn the metric system anyway. Wouldn't use it, but I'd learn it (especially considering how easy it is to learn). That way when I talked to someone outside the US (i.e the rest of the world) I would be able to relate

Back
Top Bottom