Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Perth trains and buses are air conditioned ;) clean too usually. We have problems with people scratching up the windows though, sucks but it's getting a lot better these days with increased penalties (finally).
Oh and if you ask nicely they'll let you drive too :thumbsup: Definitely.

Lol, and in a bus/train I can listen to whatever I want too. iPhone has music and radio. AND I can also watch what I want on my laptop. Can't do that while you're driving now can ya!

From scratch. Takes less than 30 minutes to install Windows and less than 10 minutes to install what small amount of programs I use. I install games when I want to play them instead of install during a format.

Ah you have an SSD, was gonna say :p
But less than 10 mins for installing all the programs you use? Srsly spartan man. You wouldn't be able to do much
For me it'll take longer than that, simply because I have a lot of programs I use a lot. Adobe suite, office suite, vlc + codecs, my programming IDEs, Chrome + FF, SABnzbd, various encoders/decoders, FileZilla, etc.

Yea all the extra crap I keep on my server which I format rarely. This PC is bare minimum because I like to keep as snappy as possible. I use a flash drive to install with and install after:
WinRar
DX Update
Daemon Tools
Nvidia Drivers
SLIP
Creative Drivers
(Adjust Services)
(Something I can't mention)
Reboot
CCC
Goldwave
7zip
Firefox (Adblock, Flash)
Xfire
Done.

Later on I install games I want to play like Supreme Commander and UT3 (which is normally an every other day basis with my friend).

with me it's about 6-8 hours with firefox install, driver install, "bare essentials install", ux patching/font tweaking, updates, media jukebox setup, PSCS5 install and setup, etc....

but then it's set-n-forget from there out.

Why do you install WinRAR PP? 7zip does everything and more that WinRAR does for free and you're installing that too. Also agreed with Yami, I'd get that setup as close to finished as I could without putting in any dynamic settings and image that setup remixed.

I also use WinRAR instead, mostly cos I prefer the right-click menu integration compared to 7Zip.

Back
Top Bottom