Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

So far today im finding out that sometimes i should just tell people to buy new hardware instead of trying to make things work. nF3 + Win7 + AGP 3850 = fail hard.

They dont. I just tried making it work and it just failed with constant reboots after the 3850 finally installed. I decided to reformat and install 32bit 7 with a 7800GS.

Today I screwed up my ubuntu install trying to figure out why the **** I can ping, but not access my windows server in order to stream media files.

Today, i woke up, was walking down the hall,and since i was tired i was still waking up. I slightly bumped my knee on the railing and proceeded to swear loudly, as that is the knee that i injured earlier last week. It is still extremely bruised.

Today I wrote scripts for a few hours (it may sound strange, but it's one of my favourite things to do lol), delved into the deeper runnings of OS X 10.6.5, setup a replacement file server for an old failed one, migrated the data, then went home and watched the last three episodes of The Walking Dead series. Now I'm gonna hit the sack, 5:55AM start tomorrow

Went looking through crates of old tech stuff in the study to find a simple kettle lead, couldn't find one but I did find a 10m ethernet cable (score!) and a 3D Rage Pro, AGP 2x - I didn't realise GPUs had expandable RAM in them days!

It's always the way isn't it, you KNOW you have a million of "Insert item here" but when you really need it you can never find it but you find all the stuff you really needed last week and a load of stuff that just makes you ask additional questions.

Today I have finished documenting our AS/400 changes we made yesterday for power outages.
Fielded a few basic phone calls from users.
Updated some Flash and Java installs
Ordered a coax line booster for home
Had a few quick meetings.

Dear DFI,
Please go back in time and tell your engineers to can the design and blueprints of the LP nF3 250gb.

Thanks,
PP

UGHHHHHHH ARRRGGG wtf man. So the other night i stayed up all night swapping parts and RAM and OS's just to get my friends PC to work right. He had a Via chipset 754 board than ran only 2 sticks of his RAM, and at that ran them at 2100 speeds. I figured hey i got a spare DFI 754 board thats nF3 and should bump your performance a bit cause itll take 3200 and run native speeds. Got a Zalman heatsink too so we can OC that 3000+ a tad. Last night i had no more steam so finally got some sleep. This morning i get up and after saying screw trying to force nF3, Win7, and 3850AGP to play nice, and saying screw 7800GS on win7, i go back to XP. Then after some reason the **** thing doesnt wanna boot after i had just installed everything and was about to install games. Im about to put his old GF2 and Via board back in and give it the finger. Then hand him my SLI-DR setup and say Merry ****ing Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom