Forced homepage - DD-wrt the cheapest way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, not sure then.
Will check one of my AP's at work tomorrow.
I can't really see how it would work though since you actually can't control the users PC. They open their browser and it sends a request to their default homepage...

NoCatSplash is a special type of web server. It redirects clients connecting to a DD-WRT box to a specific web page. Usually used for disclaimers and advertising, it can be a very useful tool when you have unknown people connecting wirelessly. After a configurable period of time, the client's internet access is cut off, unless the Client has agreed again to the Terms. If the client has a Web Browser open & configured with a Direct Internet Connection, and loads a website, their browser is redirected again, to the NoCatSplash page.

NoCatSplash - DD-WRT Wiki

Looks to be possible with DDWRT. Of all 3rd party router firmwares DDWRT is my favorite.

i posted a reply, but i guess since it included links, and im a new member a mod has to approve it.

Well the router is a TP-link WR740 on the back it says version 1.2 but from reading though the forum I am going to need to take the case off and check what's inside.

Well the router is a TP-link WR740 on the back it says version 1.2 but from reading though the forum I am going to need to take the case off and check what's inside.

The only supported TP-Link router in the DDWRT database is TL-WR1043ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom