Other hobbies besides PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming is pretty much my only other hobby :p And I'm slowly getting into the whole tabletop RPG scene. I watch films fairly often but I wouldn't call it a hobby.

^ No.. I was stationed in Southern NM and I just had it tuned at TSP in Abalene TX.. It doesn't go obsolete in 6 mo, but after a couple years the new tech does come out and it always happens after you ALREADY spent $2500 on the parts. Like mine, I am running on some outdated parts and I've been chasing the new tech. My LS1 block was "outdated" when the LS6 block design came out. Then the 243 head castings were trumped when the rectangular port heads came out with the 06+ LS3, 7's and 9's. and the Late 2006 LS2's.

Put it this way.. The LS1 is STILL a powerhouse capable of 500rwhp with JUST heads, cam, intake and good exhaust mods.... No nitrous, blowers or turbos needed. BUT.. That engine stock dyno'd about 400bhp back in 2002 and that was unheard of!! It was only rated at 345hp. GM always underrates their engines and they respond VERY well to mods, even MINOR modifications. BUT the LS3 "E-Rod" 6.2L crate engine was rated at 425hp....................................................It muscled out 496hp on an engine dyno WITH LOG MANIFOLDS AND CATS!! :D :D :D :D Holy CRAP!!!!!

Not to mention the LS9 620hp monster.. *drool*

So basically with cars when parts are "trumped" it's not a $350 part replacement, it's a $2000-$9000 replacement.. :D

Oh i know this, but lets say a Torino GT has a 429 in it, its over 30 years old and still not outdated to some people ;) If your running an 8800GTX your running ancient hardware. Thats kinda what i meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom