Case Recommendation Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcCarther

In Runtime
Ok, as I am sure everybody who will end up reading this knows, I ended up getting a new camera not to long ago. First off, I am loving it, however I have begun to notice something I am lacking.

I have a decent paded bag that does a good job for basic transportation, however I travel, allot. And it is not always practical for me to bring it as carry on... so... I need a good hard case, budget is not really an issue, though ideally under $300. It should not be huge but should accommodate a few lenses (two or 3) my camera body, and a few other accessories.

Also, It should be able to handle being transported as general luggage (So the equivalent of getting hit by a train, dropped out of an aircraft at 32,000 feet, or getting dragged behind a formula 1 car for a few hundred miles. So to speak)

Ideally it would be element proof as well (IE: In the event it went swimming everything would stay dry).

In other words, I need a case that can survive a nuclear holocaust, supernovas, black holes, and 2012.

Ok, so I exaggerated a little bit, but I do want a really strong, element proof case.

Any suggestions? I don't want to leave my current expensive (or future, probably even more expensive) equipment in the hands of a soft bag all the time.

PS: I don't want anything HUGE, Ideally I could still carry it.

I suppose I should also mention, since I run a sporting goods store, I can get wholesale prices on things like cases (as many people use them for handguns) so Cost is not a huge issue here as I can get them at wholesale prices.

Here are two pelicans for example
1500-000-110 - MSRP ~ $170, I can get it for around $80
and
1500-004-110 - MSRP ~ $215, I can get it around $100

Pelican was the brand that came to mind, and I can get just about any of their cases, however I can get many other brands as well, advice appreciated if you have any.

i was considering gettign a small one for a lens and body only for my d90 for when i go snowboardign i could just toss it in the bag and not break the camera if i fell. my concern then became what if the pelican case breaks me lol so i still havent done this yet nor have i purchased one but i did check them out in store they are amazingly nice.

also hikory lowepro is nice but there stuff is hella ugly. im really liking the kata dps line of bags, love that they come with rain covers.

Funny somebody would actually grave dig this up. I was actually thinking about getting another smaller pelican case for when I go skiing, you know, something just big enough for my d200 and a lens. I am absolutely loving my pelican case right now (I got the one with the dividers). Just making this post to let you know that if you are still on the fence about it, it is a really nice case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom