The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord and I played last night with vent on for communication- it was great- a lot of fun - even though in one game he had 22 kills and I had 22 deaths. I swear I am a bullet magnet. Hopefully the Gustav and the M60 will be more fair after this update. Kept getting killed by them even when they were barely in range of my NOOB sniper gun.

The patch has totally screwed my game up. If i launch with BFBC2Game.exe the update dissapears, so i have to run BFBC2Updater.exe and launch it through that to see the update, but then i cant get into games because it tells me i must have Punkbuster and the PB Service running.

Tried updating PB manually and it's working fine apparently, but the game disagrees. Trying a reinstall as we speak.

Where are all the servers at? I went to search for Panama Canal servers and only about 6 showed up. Normally you have to scroll down to see them all.

This possibly could have something to do with it. When I loaded the game, it asked me to update to a newer version so I did. But in the middle of the update process, it said file not found, check internet connection. It asked me if I wanted to use the old version and I said yes.

You need to update because the R10 servers only work with the new R7 game. The servers you see haven't updated to R10 release yet.

Okay thanks. I am in the process of updating again. Hopefully it works.

Do screenshots work in BFBC2? I have tried taking a few by pressing the print screen button and open them with paint but nothing ever shows up. I guess I need to run fraps and use that instead.

The update has screwed me pretty badly... Last night, I was getting 40FPS average on Nelson Bay, just joined a Nelson bay, and the highest FPS I got was 12... It's also saying I have a ping 300+ on all servers I join, which would be the most likely reason as to why I'm getting such low FPS...

I see some people are having a lot of problems with the server update. The only problem I have had is updating it an error occurred. Everything is working flawlessly for me. 5 cookies go out to this patch.

Yeah, my problem seems to be more of a ping issue. Be that, it did start after the update, so not totally sure if it's the updates fault or an error on my end... When I get below 100ms ping, I get decent FPS back, anything over, and I'm back to 22 averaging.

EDIT : Woot! Fixed it... Turns out I was still having really bad system interrupts (not sure why still, but do know it has something to do with my NIC), and I was getting heavy Core 2 loads. I have a DSL modem that can connect using USB. Plugged that in, disabled my NIC, and ran BFBC2. Last time I tested the FPS, I was at 29average (over a 10 minute time period), on low settings. This last time I just benched it, I got 39fps, on high settings. Still, not the greatest, but at least it's playable now. A new CPU and motherboard should make the game run great for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom