Who's hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll do that. It's getting to the point with me that OC'ing GPU's isn't worth it anymore. It's either they are fast enough for now and don't need it or have problems with programs.

I have two cards oc'd, the other is stock and the other has an oc from the factory.

In case of folding, its better to clock them less as youll get more life out of them. Ive been running the gpu client on the 8800GT for 2 years now 24/7....and its still good.

This is a card i bought in 2007....and it still works to this day.

I dropped it down to 948 core and 1232 memory. If this crashes I'll go to like 900 and 1225, I know that worked ok before.

Edit: Seems like the 511 pointers are feisty, I normally never have problems with the 384 (think those are the two I normally always get).

My GPU and SMP are both going now.

Question: the deadline for my SMP has now passed. Should I erase the work and start with a new WU, or finish this one out?

What i do is fine the hardest project and adjust my oc to it.

So if my overclock is stable with it...i know i wont have any issues with others.

I havent had to adjust my clocks in a long time so i must be at the sweet spot with all projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom