Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to chime in late with this but here's some info for ya as well.. You prolly already know, but I'm Just trying to help.

It's all about the quality AND quantity of your intake.. It IS a lifestyle change.. I had a friend when I was in the military that battled with his weight for the 6 years I knew him. he was running 15 miles a week with me when we were in Afghanistan and he slimmed WAAAAAAAY down.. but as soon as we got back to the states he got it all back within, seemingly, a week. He had a bad drinking problem tho.

You have to want it bad enough. Anything is possible when you are committed. Getting hooked on salads is a good start. I started eating healthier about 4 years ago and eventually your body becomes intolerant to junk food such as fast food from the burger joints. Those felt like slime in my stomach after a while.

Call it crazy, but weight watchers DOES work.. My ma lost 50 lbs with them and KEPT it off. Just look up some of the meal recipes on the net and stick with them. Stick to meals the size of your fist, no more than that. That is how big your stomach is. Just try looking for healthier options at the cafeteria.

WOOHAYYY

My first proper weigh in. Before i started my diet, i used to way 99/100kg depending on when i weighed myself fully clothes (underwear, jeans, t shirt and a jumper) just did it now and i weigh 96kg.

In stone/pounds:
If i just wear my boxers, i used to be 15stone 6pounds. It now says i'm 14stone 11pounds.

The stone/pound/kilo figured don't add up exactley but it's just a no name digital scales and could be off half a pound either way or seomthing.

But yeh, happy with that so far !

Sorry to chime in late with this but here's some info for ya as well.. You prolly already know, but I'm Just trying to help.

It's all about the quality AND quantity of your intake.. It IS a lifestyle change.. I had a friend when I was in the military that battled with his weight for the 6 years I knew him. he was running 15 miles a week with me when we were in Afghanistan and he slimmed WAAAAAAAY down.. but as soon as we got back to the states he got it all back within, seemingly, a week. He had a bad drinking problem tho.

You have to want it bad enough. Anything is possible when you are committed. Getting hooked on salads is a good start. I started eating healthier about 4 years ago and eventually your body becomes intolerant to junk food such as fast food from the burger joints. Those felt like slime in my stomach after a while.

Call it crazy, but weight watchers DOES work.. My ma lost 50 lbs with them and KEPT it off. Just look up some of the meal recipes on the net and stick with them. Stick to meals the size of your fist, no more than that. That is how big your stomach is. Just try looking for healthier options at the cafeteria.

Trust me my stomach is a lot bigger than a first size. I can feel it rumbling and and can feel the empty space (swish swashing around) after i've ate a meal 2 fist sizes :p Your stomach grows and expands conciderabley depending on how much you eat, if you don't each much for several months it will slowly shrink again so when you go to eat a portion the size you used to, it's a struggle.

I am discovering ways to keep the food i love in my diet and still loose weight and be much healthier, for instance i can swap my dads very nice curries which clock in at roughly 1120 calories each for the local supermarkets own brand light/weight watching food. One of there curries is 361 calories, sure it's not half as nice as the one i'm used to but it does quench that need for a curry at a third of the cost. I am much more used to swapping my food for bananas and apples aswell now. I don't stop myself from eating when i'm really hungry. Sure if it's 2 hours till bed and i get a bit hungry i just deal with it, but i dont go for 4, 5 or 6 hours of feel starving - i just eat fruit till when i'm full.

I have an unusual breakfest, breaded chicken sandwhich with a 200ml cup of Innocent smoothie and an apple after, clocks in at around 400calories and it keeps me full even till after lunch, so i am perfectly happy with nothing for lunch, but i eat 2 peices of fruit to keep the metabolism going which is what, 60 or 70 calories ? pretty much nothing.

But i still can't see any visual difference yet, and i don't feel much fitter at all. When i see that belly go down is when i'll be happy :D

edit:

Sorry, my punctuation and grammar in that was pretty appauling. I'm tired..

Physical activity is a huge factor.

You can stuff your face pretty much if you do a lot of cardio, doesnt really matter what you eat.

Well i have moved up to 30minutes on the 2nd difficulty setting on my exercise, and i do it every night without feel :p That must help at least a little. When im fitter i hope to go up to 1 hour a night, but thatll be a while before i can do that.

Thanks for the support everyone.

You should be doing an hour now.

Once you get in shape you can do less.....you should run 2 miles on a treadmill at the very least.

Howd you figure i should be doing 1 hour now ?

1) I'd probably have a heart attack if i did that :p
2) I lost like 7/8lbs in 1.5weeks which i am very happy with, so i dont see the need to do even more exercise than i can cope with.

I am sure 30minutes seems like nothing to a soldier such as you, you spend your entire career doing very tough work. You probably couldn't get much fitter than you lot are.

But to someone like me who has gone from no exercise and eating terribley for nearly 6 years, 30minutes on a exercise bike with quite a lot of resistance feels like a lot. I wouldn't want to do much jogging either, i jogged down a 200meter road and felt my knees grinding themselves up. Pushing my body from nothing to hard physical activity will just end up in me hurting myself.

Like i say, as soon as i feel i can safely do it, i will.

Besides, i don't have a treadmill and theres no way i can afford to go to a Gym if i am trying to save for a car.

Im out of shape..... im 6'1" 245 pounds and i do an hour of cardio everyday.

Im a terrible runner, and i cant stand cardio. I do 2 miles treadmil, 2 miles bicycle and weight lifting.

No im not saying do a constant hour......do 15 mins, rest another 15, rest and continue for at least an hour.

How are you out of shape doing all of that o_O

I guess i could do an hour if i did it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom