What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

Nice. 30GB is definitely not enough for me or else that would be one of my purchases as well. Are you noticing wet dream like differences in performance?

Haven't put it in yet. Gotta find a mount or somethign for it.. it's SMALL! a 2.5" bay device is needed. I want to start stocking up on these. Maybe get one more duplicate SSD every two months or so and RAID THEM!!! :D :D I found a couple on NE, still trying to shop around seeing as I don't want to spend much.. About to just buy that 800D case, it has adaptors for the SSD and my Antec case is getting to the point to where it took me 45 min to do a darn HDD swap... Everything is so built around everything else and all of my cable managment.

The internet went down at the house for some darn reason, I need that to access the OCZ forums for misc settings for the SSD. Gonna see what I can find at the local store tomorrow for an SSD mount.. Maybe Best Buy has something. Don't really have any major computer places here..

I only use my big rig for possible benchmarking and gaming.. So I don't need TOO TOO much room for it.. I have a 500g WDC Green in there now and one of my other 40g drives to store crap on. I was running on one 40g for a while, so I obviously don't need a very big drive..

The parts you see in the picture in total cost over $2000. I didn't buy them, it was a company purchase for one of our xserves. The little connector cost about 69, the metal tray cost 100.
I was like...FWTF?! The metal tray is exactly that, a thin flimsy metal holder.
The reason it costs so much? It's apple proprietary stuff.

stuffv.jpg

The parts you see in the picture in total cost over $2000. I didn't buy them, it was a company purchase for one of our xserves. The little connector cost about 69, the metal tray cost 100.
I was like...FWTF?! The metal tray is exactly that, a thin flimsy metal holder.
The reason it costs so much? It's apple proprietary stuff.

stuffv.jpg

my jaw just dropped! Is this for real?!

Australian dollars, and yes they will charge that much for stuff.

I have ordered a 5870, but there isn't stock for it yet. Apparently they will get them mid January.
I have the option of cancelling the order so I can try to find some orther place that has them in stock

I have also ordered these, and I should probably get them tomorrow or Friday.
I think I will try to get a sub to go with them. pccasegear also sells the AudioEngine S8, but I might go for something else instead. Possibly a Wharfedale Diamond SW150 or something.

I bought a new pentium 3 a couple of days ago, it's amazing that for just £250 you can buy over 900 of your earth MHz.

j/k got it for free :)

Stupid thing has died on me already. Not too annoyed though, I got what appears to be an early pentium 4 under similar circumstances yesterday.

Sadly I seem to develop a need for the stuff I have thrown away just prior. Worst thing is that this might be the fault of my new corsair 550W PSU because I'm getting the same problem on this p4 :(

Back
Top Bottom