Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Insert the disk and format the drive that you dont want. Same thing your trying to do within Windows but removing the Windows aspect. The only way you could do it wrong, is by formatting the wrong drive.

Insert the disk and format the drive that you dont want. Same thing your trying to do within Windows but removing the Windows aspect. The only way you could do it wrong, is by formatting the wrong drive.

thanks mak
got it fixed after trial and error.

now i can finally start installing my games and have fun with my new copy of win 7

thanks again!

I have a beef about media center not reading dvd folders on the hdd or vcd movies period. xp media center can do this rather easliy

I have searched for an hour or so, and I have a simple question that I have not been able to shed any light on. SInce Homegroups only work on Windows 7 computers, how can I get an XP computer and Windows 7 computer to see each other on the network ?

I have searched for an hour or so, and I have a simple question that I have not been able to shed any light on. SInce Homegroups only work on Windows 7 computers, how can I get an XP computer and Windows 7 computer to see each other on the network ?
Just use regular file sharing (right click a folder -> properties -> sharing)

If a computer doesn't see another computer, you can always connect by IP (eg instead of \\ComputerName, use \\192.168.0.32 or whatever IP it uses)

I have a beef about media center not reading dvd folders on the hdd or vcd movies period. xp media center can do this rather easliy

I had a similar issue and it wouldn't even play a DVD never mind reading a DVD folder until I downloaded a codek pack and then it didn't have sound but played, so I downloaded another codek pack and all works well now, However the volume isn't as loud as it used to be in XP but it's not too low and looks much better in Win 7 than it ever did in XP.

Dauntae

One workaround for that is to use ImgBurn to create an .iso from it, and mount it in a virtual drive.

But yeah, I think that's something which should be added to Windows.

Well so far I like windows 7 but not overly impressed with it, having come from XP Sp3 , which ran fast, steady and stable. I see lots of nice little tweaks but that's about it. I am glad they gave us the compatibility mode of Windows XP SP 3, if not for that some of my software would not run and I would be very disappointed.

I am very impressed with 7 at this point. Recently my dad got a bad virus and the computer had to be formatted. His computer is old (p4 2.66ghz 1gb ram 80gb hdd geforce fx5500) I installed windows 7 even though I thought surely it would be much slower than xp but since I didn't have a genuine copy of xp laying around I went for 7HP and it is actually I would say 5 times faster than xp was on that computer. My dad said it was like having a speedy new computer and is now telling all his friends to get windows 7. So I might have some business upgrading people to windows 7.
here's what is score is
weiscore.jpg

So far windows 7 has gotten a very positive review from everyone in my family

Back
Top Bottom