Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Only problem with that now is VistaBootPro is not free anymore. EasyBCD 2 Beta can roll back to XP easily. Just a click of a button.

Go under manage and there you will see the option to remove the BCD and go back to the XP bootloader.

Windows 7: RTM in July, GA on October 22, 2009

Microsoft today revealed that it will complete development of Windows 7 in late July and then make the system broadly available to customers on October 22, 2009. (This is called General Availability, or GA). This date is one week later than what my sources previously told me (October 15, 2009.)

The countdown begins...

Source

Secondary Source

Awesome, just sucks that it won't be out in time for me to go to college. So I'll have to buy an upgrade to it to get it. O well :(

So windows 7 so far is going to be 'lighter' than XP? Think older computers would run faster with windows 7 instead of XP or would there just be one huge driver problem. lol

I saw somewhere (wish I could remember where) where they actually installed 7 on an old Athlon XP with 512mb of RAM. It was a bit slow, but not bad at all. A P4 and 1gb of RAM, 7 runs smoothly.

So windows 7 so far is going to be 'lighter' than XP? Think older computers would run faster with windows 7 instead of XP or would there just be one huge driver problem. lol

The only driver problem is the one created by the device manufacturer's for not releasing updated driver for Win7 for their stuff.

But since Win7 is build off of Vista if there is Vista Drivers available there is a good chance you can run Win7.

My machine is 5 years old. I can run Win7. Typing from it now.

It won't be 'lighter' than XP.
Windows 7 will need a minimum amount of RAM to run as fast as it should.
On a system with enough RAM it will probably be about as fast as XP on average.

one of my pc's is a 1.1 athlon cpu 1 gb of ddr and on board gpu..(very low) and i can install win 7 x86 but xp rins much nicer.. some hardware xp will run better on and some newer then that especaily a better gpu and cpu

Leaked Best Buy Memo Offers Windows 7 Details

A leaked Best Buy memo offers up all kinds of little details about when the new OS will be available, when customers can start buying Vista machines and get a free upgrade and so on. Best Buy also seems to have a bit of a "this isn't Vista" marketing approach going on:

"Microsoft is launching Windows 7 in mid-October 2009. This new operating system isn't just a "Vista that works" program - it's a new operating system with improved productivity, functionality and creativity that uses less computer resources."

Back
Top Bottom