GTA4 and its CPU intensive needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is actually a great game im not havign any bugs at all its just tweaking im trying to work out. i think il just sit on medium settigns till the sli patch comes out. and probaby by that time i might have sold these gpu's. also wildside teh one thing i would like to ditch is the video recording how do i do this??? i herd turning it off can really improove your performence.

Lol why doesn't GTA4 support SLI out of the box? That is something that should be expected in games by now. Unacceptable. Obviously Rock Star didn't take the pc version seriously.

it is actually a great game im not havign any bugs at all its just tweaking im trying to work out. i think il just sit on medium settigns till the sli patch comes out. and probaby by that time i might have sold these gpu's. also wildside teh one thing i would like to ditch is the video recording how do i do this??? i herd turning it off can really improove your performence.

i told u already. Load up the game to where u see Niko in the safe house. Once ur there, press the Esc key, look on the top for 'Game', click it n an option that says 'Clip Capture' is 'On'. Click it to turn it 'Off'. Save the settings n ur good to go!

switching from Medium to High Texture Quality settings drops my average fps like 2-3 fps really but makes a huge difference over Medium.

did u already type in -nomemrestrict? It should get rid of the VRAM restriction n fix ur problem as well as everyone who owns this game for PC.

So where is this thread?!

just made it. I was busy making it, had to eat dinner n wash dishes. It's up right now!

well i did all that still no adue what is weird is the guy in the link from youtube has his sli indicator almost full. mine is like completely empty. so somethign is wrogn i ran 3dmark 06 with the sli indicator it was full so i know my sli is working.

i told u already. Load up the game to where u see Niko in the safe house. Once ur there, press the Esc key, look on the top for 'Game', click it n an option that says 'Clip Capture' is 'On'. Click it to turn it 'Off'. Save the settings n ur good to go!

switching from Medium to High Texture Quality settings drops my average fps like 2-3 fps really but makes a huge difference over Medium.

did u already type in -nomemrestrict? It should get rid of the VRAM restriction n fix ur problem as well as everyone who owns this game for PC.

just made it. I was busy making it, had to eat dinner n wash dishes. It's up right now!

Thanks your the e-Man :D

its sad to see that theres still major performance issues even after the patch ( although I see it helped ), I already have this game for the PS3 and am wondering now if its even worth getting for the PC...maybe ill wait for another patch to come out...if it ever comes out

Rockstar let be down :( but the early patch adds some hope in that they will support the game

PS: Wildside or anyone else that plays the PC GTA4 version, is their a lot of multiplayer games filled because one review mentioned its near impossible to find a full 32 player game going. I hope it doesn't turn into a Crysis Warhead issue where 99% of the servers are empty or are horribly laggy and just generally no one seems to be playing the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Another thing I noticed, sometimes you see the meshes out of nowhere.. quite annoying tbh

How would this game fair on a E5200 and an 8600GT 256mb?

Yes the card is crap but I'm skint :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom