GTA4 and its CPU intensive needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so im reinstaling i now have 3gb of memory aswell. gonna see if this chanegs anyhing medium doesnt look that bad but i would like to run high. THE MEMORY HAS HELPED ME IMPROVE ALOT.

how is he managing this??? YouTube - GTA 4 [SLi ON!] "Maximum Settings Core i7 1680x1050" [720p HD] Benchmark i understand his cpu is good but to get 65fps with sli 8800gt's. and sli is working to. i treid forcing afr2 but it slowed my fps down. he is also on high settings :(

ok so aparently he is usign the nvidia 181.00 beta drivers which i am downloadign now and he is forcing afr2 in the control panel i will try this.

alright, so i just found out that the -norestrictions dont work. I just tried changing Texture Quality back to High, it doesnt work. I posted about how to get rid of V-sync. Type in -novblank. Screen tearing becomes more noticable during cutscenes, way less in-game playing but i dont see it necessary to have it off, it didnt increase performance for me or hardly at all.

i just learned how to put it in safe mode my friend.

type in where target is after the quote this: -safemode. That should solve ur problem!

EDIT:

^^^ do that once, n when u quit out of the game to ur desktop, (after u make the Texture Quality to High, requires a restart), right click to properties n delete -safemode so it doesnt reset all ur settings that way it will stay on High.

EDIT 2:

nvm, -norestrictions does work. It only works in resolution. When in safemode, i turned the Texture Quality on High but was forced to change my resolution to 1360x768. -norestrictions works only on resolution so it doesnt get restricted by the Resource Usage.

ok so im reinstaling i now have 3gb of memory aswell. gonna see if this chanegs anyhing medium doesnt look that bad but i would like to run high. THE MEMORY HAS HELPED ME IMPROVE ALOT.

how is he managing this??? YouTube - GTA 4 [SLi ON!] "Maximum Settings Core i7 1680x1050" [720p HD] Benchmark i understand his cpu is good but to get 65fps with sli 8800gt's. and sli is working to. i treid forcing afr2 but it slowed my fps down. he is also on high settings :(

ok so aparently he is usign the nvidia 181.00 beta drivers which i am downloadign now and he is forcing afr2 in the control panel i will try this.

1680x1050 puts more stress on the gpu's, and less stress on the cpu.

Gaming at a higher res can actually improve fps in many cases, especially with SLI.

You really need to ditch them screens asap and get a nice widescreen.

1680x1050 puts more stress on the gpu's, and less stress ont he cpu.

Gaming at a higher res can actually improve fps in many cases, especially with SLI.

only went a few fps down for me actually. If u go back a few pages, i linked tweaks on how to get it higher resolution, taking off the restrictions and making the game have a high Texture Quality instead of it being stuck at medium.

also too keep in mind guys, Render Quality means the same as AF, most definitely. Try it out n see. Idk about AA though.

This game isn't as intensive as it sounds. All it requires is about 1GB of video memory or so. Which means 4870 1GB and 4850 1GB probably wouldn't have much of a hard time getting decent frame rates.

my config
AMD 4000+ 2.10Ghz
8600 GT 256 mb
2 Gb ddr2 ram
M2n-MX Asus Motherboard (cant overclockCPU)
I wanted to know if i can overclock my cpu somehow as GTA 4 is running on lowest setting with draw distance and detail distance set to 1 and is still giving a little lag ( when i spin the mouse around at night in a lit place)
and that irritates me i want to play the game without lag !
PLease any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does this game support Physx?

Nope.

This game isn't as intensive as it sounds. All it requires is about 1GB of video memory or so. Which means 4870 1GB and 4850 1GB probably wouldn't have much of a hard time getting decent frame rates.

Its not intensive, its a just a very sloppy port.

The game isnt much graphically and it takes lots of hardware to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom