AMD expects to release DirectX 11 GPUs in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems kinda premature at this time. DX11 isnt even gone final yet. So to say they are going to release DX11 GPU's next year before it is even final yet is just kinda bad.

What if Microsoft hits a delay with it? It is already apparent that Windows 7 wont hit in 09 which will be DX11 based as well. I really hope that M$ stays on track so that ATi/AMD dont be made to look the fool.

Seems kinda premature at this time. DX11 isnt even gone final yet. So to say they are going to release DX11 GPU's next year before it is even final yet is just kinda bad.

What if Microsoft hits a delay with it? It is already apparent that Windows 7 wont hit in 09 which will be DX11 based as well. I really hope that M$ stays on track so that ATi/AMD dont be made to look the fool.

AMD were the first to release DX10.1 GPUs before SP1 came out for Vista, so why wouldnt DX11 come out, mostly likely imo, Q4 2009? Perfect time to be prepared for Vista DX11 and Windows 7.

I am not saying that they wont. But as of right now there isnt even a tenative release date for DX11. There is a goal for Q4 2009 for Windows 7. But we all know how well Microsoft is with their release dates.

Will have to see how the development goes on DX11 right now. So far they have high ambitions for it. But they did for Vista as well with the WinFS, Avalon and other things that were eventually dropped cause they couldnt hit the timeframe needed.

Right now the concentration is on Windows 7. I just think with the development of DX11 not really being public as to where it stands to flat out say they will have DX11 GPU's when DX11 isnt even standardized to know what requirements they have to meet seems premature.

From what I hear, DirectX 11 will be largely compatible with DirectX 10 hardware, with some features added to it.
For example, a hardware tesselation unit (which ATI has been putting in their GPU's since R600)

From what I hear, DirectX 11 will be largely compatible with DirectX 10 hardware, with some features added to it.
For example, a hardware tesselation unit (which ATI has been putting in their GPU's since R600)

really? I did not know that. To me, it sounds like AMD really is in the lead to getting out DX11 GPUs first to the consumers.

worst case scenerio is ati releases dx11 cards with sm 5.0 and dx11 capable shaders, and it wont be fast enoguh to actually run dx11, but yet still be compatible. to me sounds lie ka gimmick, just like dx10.1, which has yet to be implemented into any game i know of.

worst case scenerio is ati releases dx11 cards with sm 5.0 and dx11 capable shaders, and it wont be fast enoguh to actually run dx11, but yet still be compatible. to me sounds lie ka gimmick, just like dx10.1, which has yet to be implemented into any game i know of.
DX 11 should be better optimised than DX 10. Or at least shouldn't be worse.

Anyway, there are games that use DirectX 10.1. Assassins Creed is one.

Yeah Assassin's Creed used DX10.1 and showed quite a large increase in performance....

And also I've heard too that DX11 is not very different from DX10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom