LINKSYS Wireless-G Broadband Router 4 point switch MODEL#WRT54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanquish

Banned
I am currently Enrolled in college taking training to be a computer programmer at Navarro college in texas. I'm staying with my father he has a connection through SBCglobal.net and he has a box with all his stuff plugged in and I have this thing can I connect it to the other box and make the connection stronger this router seems to be better and more profeicent.

I guess I am a little confused here...... Are you asking a specific question, or telling us something?? Could you try to give more details about the boxes you are describing? Are they computers, or networking hardware?

I guess I am a little confused here...... Are you asking a specific question, or telling us something?? Could you try to give more details about the boxes you are describing? Are they computers, or networking hardware?

I'll try and break it down man :)
Took me a few times too! LOL

I am currently Enrolled in college taking training to be a computer programmer at Navarro college in texas.

{ ignore this part :) }

II'm staying with my father....... and he has a connection through SBCglobal.net......... and with this connection, he has a box with all his stuff plugged in. However, I have this thing (see Thread title)
Can I connect it to the other box (the one his dad has) and make the connection stronger? Because this router (Again, the one in the Title of the thread) seems to be better and more profeicent.

fixed :)

Thing with things plugged in, sounds like his cable/broadband box. If it's an internet box, then i doubt splitting the signal will do anything, as a matter of fact, it won't. a router is used to broadcast a signal from another, essentially, 'sharing' the connection your father has.

I think all he is talking about is replacing the gateway/router that his dad has with the WRT54G. I could be wrong.. and I'll leave it to him to clarify, but I think that the problem is fairly simple... he think that the WRT54G would be a better fit than what his father currently has in place. Been waiting for him to post more though.

I think all he is talking about is replacing the gateway/router that his dad has with the WRT54G. I could be wrong.. and I'll leave it to him to clarify, but I think that the problem is fairly simple... he think that the WRT54G would be a better fit than what his father currently has in place. Been waiting for him to post more though.

:laughing:I had tons to drink that night fella's sorry for all the confusion! Yes I am trying to replace the SBCglobal router that came with the service with the WRT54G linksys will this give me a more stable connection? We keep losing signal out in the country. I would go check the model number for my dads router but hes gone door locked can quite get to it. Do you agree that the linksys will preform better?:rolleyes:

Set the modem up as a pass-through and use the router. You will get a better system going that way, plus you will be able to forward your ports. If you modem is like the one I got from BellSouth/AT&T, it works as a modem/router (even though it only has one port...). Setting it up as a apss-through really helped my connection speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom