Planatary Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy [H] gawd, this thread makes me wish I had anything left to die a little inside...

ROFLMAO....

Sorry but that post just made my night. I just laughed so hard i almost fell out of my chair.

Are we really that bad?:eek:

Lead ore is just decayed uranium - that is what makes it so dense. I would like to see lukes lead bowl theory about a lead bowl tried out as it is possible / plausible but I would like to see it tried in fresh water as the salinity of salt water would aid in it's boyance.

Would it be possible to create a lead shape so thin and wide that it would float in mid air, because although it's densitiy is still more, the amount of air it displaces is vast in comparison. That would be awesome.

The Bible was written by man. By defination Man is falble. Meaning Man can make mistakes. Not to mention the Bible has been translated from its original text.
So who is to say that it has been translated correctly? I mean there are some words in other languages that do not have a English translation. So how can we sit here and be 110% sure that every word in the bible was taken from its original text correctly? There is no way we can say it has.
Agreed, but the part about the earth not being flat and Pluto not being a planet is blasphemy :) !
Lead ore is just decayed uranium - that is what makes it so dense. I would like to see lukes lead bowl theory about a lead bowl tried out as it is possible / plausible but I would like to see it tried in fresh water as the salinity of salt water would aid in it's boyance.
Why wouldn't a lead bowl float? :/

A lead bowl can float, the term i have been trying to remember is displacement. Think about it somthing like the HMS ark royal weighs much more than the water it displaces but it is held afloat by the air it has in the void. Or atleast thats the way I was taught it it's been a while since i last tried to understand fluid dynamics / an fluid related phyisics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom