Which router to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the Linksys WRT54G not sure if there is a difference with the Linksys WRT54GL. I would like to know if these router is good for gaming, hosting, ect... It cost like around $50

I have the WRT54G. Solid router. The only problems I have had with it were of my own making. :eek:

I finally set my DSL modem as an ethernet bridge and got my ports forwarded... only took me 18 months to get around to it.

I have the WRT54G. Solid router. The only problems I have had with it were of my own making. :eek:

I finally set my DSL modem as an ethernet bridge and got my ports forwarded... only took me 18 months to get around to it.

after I told you, lol...

I've also got the Linksys WRT54G and its been rock solid. I've never had to reset it yet and the laptop gets excellent signal strength from over 30 feet away.

have to admit, the wrt330N is sexy as h3ll!
100_2736.jpg

I've never had issues with this router, been using it for over a year, no lagg, over 75' reach, maybe came close to 100', not sure. great for multiple hardwired items, great security.

have to admit, the wrt330N is sexy as h3ll!
100_2736.jpg

Yes, fortunately for them, and not so much for you, this is exactly how they combine technical specs and marketing in order to get you to buy this particualr design for a raised price.

The WRT330N is a PRIME example of "Pointless, but sexy". The WRT series all have the same omni-directional antennas attached to the devices. This particular model uses MIMO (hence the 3 antennas). The main factors in the most effective use for this particular model isn't how the antennas look or, as much, how they are pointed. It's about the environment that it is in and where to put the darn thing (central location from the FULL area you want to be able to access it from). The antenna's signals are going to broadcast in EVERY direction anyway, regardless if the middle antenna looks like the dish that the Empire blew up in the Battle of Hoth in the beginning of Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back..... seriously, that shape doesn't matter one bit, and that's where they get you. If it looks sophisticated enough to assume that you should be drinking expensive wine while you set the darn thing up, people will buy it for a few bucks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom