Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onkyo are good sounding equipment, more AV/home theatre orientated than Hi-Fi. But its no surprise that they sound better than the sony. What speakers were you using to listen to them with ..?

Be sure to post up some opinions on the speakers when you have them.

I was using extremely cheap speakers, no brand. But the difference between the tuners was obvious.

Really o_O

Suppose it's not that many generations ago, big companies in hi-fi industry appear to only bring new models out of top of the line equipment every 5 to 10 years, speakers even less than that.
After all theres only so many ways things like power amps and receivers can change.

Really o_O

Suppose it's not that many generations ago, big companies in hi-fi industry appear to only bring new models out of top of the line equipment every 5 to 10 years, speakers even less than that.
After all theres only so many ways things like power amps and receivers can change.

you mean very only few companies did that.

you obviously haven't not not have an old school amp or receivers. you would not that they kick most of these new receivers but in sound, even though these new one are 7.1 and so. i'm sorry but a 120watts x 7 receiver that weigh 5 lbs will never do that wattage on a continuous basis.

a high current 50 watt amp (that can do 600 watts at 1ohm) will alway whip it's tail when play though the same set of speaker in a 2.1 setup.

you mean very only few companies did that.

you obviously haven't not not have an old school amp or receivers. you would not that they kick most of these new receivers but in sound, even though these new one are 7.1 and so. i'm sorry but a 120watts x 7 receiver that weigh 5 lbs will never do that wattage on a continuous basis.

a high current 50 watt amp (that can do 600 watts at 1ohm) will alway whip it's tail when play though the same set of speaker in a 2.1 setup.

To me it seems like from looking at model details that companies don't seem to bring out new models to often (im not talking about crap like sony) :confused:

The only old thing i've herd is a ROTEL RA-810A (or something similar, can't find exact model) .. that's old i beleive. Sounded a hella lot more powerfull than it's stated 30W..

But thats the same with new ones, from rotel atleast. There latest 60W amp was pushed to over 400W without strain through 1 or 2 ohms, can't remember which now.

B&W DM601 S3 powered by a NAD C320BEE which is connected to my PC with a M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/Trifid/desk.jpg

I challenge you to a dual of sound quality :D

I havn't actually got mine yet, but will be getting a Marantz CD6200, Rotel RA02 amplifier and some Epos 5M speakers ;)

Uh oh i double posted...Don't hurt me mak :eek:

I challenge you to a dual of sound quality :D

I havn't actually got mine yet, but will be getting a Marantz CD6200, Rotel RA02 amplifier and some Epos 5M speakers ;)

Uh oh i double posted...Don't hurt me mak :eek:

Can we both be winners? :p

You guys forgot about me, phonic usb mixer connected to event tr6 studio monitors, and i have uncompressed audio on here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom