Recording DVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambra

Solid State Member
I have a question, I currently have DVR and have been saving the shows to the DVR's hard drive. Is there a way to get that recorded on a dvd... and it's in High Definition, would it keep the quality on a standard dvd?

If you oculd get it on a DVD it wouldnt retain very much of its HD quality partially because its just plain DVD HDDVD is a different story you'd have to buy a different burner from what i understand. but i do not think that the DVR will allow you to transfer to DVD .... im not completly sure on this. is it from Time Warner Cable? or is it a Tivo?

Btw Welcome to TF :)

Thanks. Yeah I didn't know they had High Def dvd burners, I assume they are expensive though :/ I'm not sure who it's through, I think cox communication.

If you oculd get it on a DVD it wouldnt retain very much of its HD quality partially because its just plain DVD HDDVD is a different story you'd have to buy a different burner from what i understand. but i do not think that the DVR will allow you to transfer to DVD .... im not completly sure on this. is it from Time Warner Cable? or is it a Tivo?

Btw Welcome to tech forums :)

the new thing is too convert down a hdtv video small avi or divx file. it look better than all previous conversion processes

what kind of dvr do you have? you need a firewire cable and great knowledge on a computer

edit. It seems that I've deleted those "how to" files. it took forever for me to get it up and running and working with media center, then I discover it was just easier to get a haupage hdtv card and run component in to it

google your dvr firewall ports. you get good hits on scientific atlanta

драйвер на Gv-250

Помогите найти драйвер на карту видеозахвата Geovision Gv-250.Юрий.

In English:

Help find a driver at stake videozahvata Geovision Gv-250. Yury.

Please post in English. Thank you.

I have a question! lol
is the media recorded as HD?
you can place HD content on standard dvd media, but not a whole lot
doing the above, you can play on your pc but less likely a standalone player

you can split them:
Guide: Convert HD-DVD To Blu-ray (works On PS3), No Loss Of Qual

or try to find devices like these:
Toshiba's Vardia RD-RX7 HD DVD recorder burns HD video to DVD, too - Engadget

I have my HD home movies in wmv format, on standard dvd.
depending on how I would burn, dual layer dvd or single layer...etc
my home movies are uncrompressed 13.5 gbs....I often try for 720p and single layer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom