DHCP Problem with windows SBS2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
Hi friends,

I have a DHCP router of ISP and it is connected to one of the SBS 2003server. I have 2 network card in SBS2003 one for the LAN and another to receive Internet from DHCP modem/router.

To the network card which is being used for internet connection and connected to router/modem, I have assigned static IP from LAN properties of the SBS2003 Server which is 192.168.1.4

It's been configured like that since about 15 days, all of a sudden yesterday, I saw that DHCP of the SBS3003 is not working anymore, it says..

The DHCP/BINL service on this computer running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has encountered another server on this network with IP Address, 192.168.1.1, belonging to the domain: .

How can I sort this out ? It was giving DHCP to the clients but I cannot connect new computers to the domain and it's giving me problem

Please help

Not sure that I understand your question as the error kind of just points right out what the problem is. First thing I would do is disconnect the server from the network and throw in a laptop... ping 192.168.1.1 and go from there. This really isn't a difficult problem to solve.... pretty straight forward. It's just saying that there is another DHCP service running as 192.168.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom