Going Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting Halo, I quit buying video games... I started torrenting (well w/e worked on my system anyways)

MAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I just cant believe how many of you guys who are pretty good guys are just plain stealing. it would be pretty bad if something you created and worked hard to make so that you could make a living was just stolen. And the excuse they gave was they jugded it as being to much to pay so they just took it instead.

Well make any excuse you want but the guy that steals at the store and goes to jail for it is no different than you. he just thought that product was to expensive so he fixed that....

I know ill get all kinds of crap for this but i just wish us pc gamers could grow up.

ok let the crap fly my way.....

MAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I just cant believe how many of you guys who are pretty good guys are just plain stealing. it would be pretty bad if something you created and worked hard to make so that you could make a living was just stolen. And the excuse they gave was they jugded it as being to much to pay so they just took it instead.

Well make any excuse you want but the guy that steals at the store and goes to jail for it is no different than you. he just thought that product was to expensive so he fixed that....

I know ill get all kinds of crap for this but i just wish us pc gamers could grow up.

ok let the crap fly my way.....

if the game is any good there will always be more people buy then pirate it
as long as people enjoyed what i created i dont really care if a third of the fanbase pirated

games developers make good amount of money none the less

For all you people out there using torrents, you need to be introduced into the world of Rapidshare! I can Dl a movie in 20 min or less. Games are a few hours and they are down. You do have to buy a yearly pass if you want to really Dl, but that is worth the price, trust me. And you can just split a pass between you and a few friends if you dont want to pay a lot. You can DL 25gigs a week (which I have only hit that limit once, when I Dl'd 6 seasons of dif TV shows in one week, plus my normal stuff for my dad) But as long as you dont upload from dif sources, your pass will not be revoked for using dif IPs. This is my expierence, and I hate torrents now, even the private sites, too slow!

As for pirating games, I pirate then if I like it, or play it a lot, I go out and buy it. I want to help support the people who make good games.

"if the game is any good there will always be more people buy then pirate it"

no way, as this thread indicates more people DL games than buy them anyway.

Read an article that said on just 1 torrent site, about 3 weeks after COD4 was released, that there were 111000 leechers on the COD4 PC torrent.

Thats just 1 site 3 weeks after release, they sold about 350,000 copies.

COD4, UT3, Crysis all are rated at least 8.5 or higher by the major game review sites, all I'd guarantee have been downloaded by more people than purchased.

We have a guy on this thread with a new $300 8800gt saying he doesn't have the money to buy them, basically why pc gaming will resort to crap 360 ports and online games like wow very soon IMO.

I'm dirt poor, but I see nothing wrong with spending maybe a little more than I should on my computer, Its my hobby, Its the one thing I have that I built with my own hands.. Just because I can save up for one part doesn't mean I can do it every time I need a new game to entertain me, 60 dollars is insane!

And I can't affford to buy some crappy game that will be no good to me, and don't preach to me about reading reviews, we all know how those work [thanks to our friends at gamespot]

"if the game is any good there will always be more people buy then pirate it"

no way, as this thread indicates more people DL games than buy them anyway.

Read an article that said on just 1 torrent site, about 3 weeks after COD4 was released, that there were 111000 leechers on the COD4 PC torrent.

Thats just 1 site 3 weeks after release, they sold about 350,000 copies.

COD4, UT3, Crysis all are rated at least 8.5 or higher by the major game review sites, all I'd guarantee have been downloaded by more people than purchased.

We have a guy on this thread with a new $300 8800gt saying he doesn't have the money to buy them, basically why pc gaming will resort to crap 360 ports and online games like wow very soon IMO.

Its either expensive hardware or games, not both. :p

I'm dirt poor, but I see nothing wrong with spending maybe a little more than I should on my computer, Its my hobby, Its the one thing I have that I built with my own hands.. Just because I can save up for one part doesn't mean I can do it every time I need a new game to entertain me, 60 dollars is insane!

And I can't affford to buy some crappy game that will be no good to me, and don't preach to me about reading reviews, we all know how those work [thanks to our friends at gamespot]

I aint preachin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom