Advanced Crysis Tweaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i thought id give this tweak a try but i have to say that its just to much for my pc even with my 8800 gtx, 2 gigs of 800 ram and e6600 cpu. it worked fine for the first level witch is the least demanding level but, on later levels my machine would start to stutter. but to me it didnt look any better than it did with the dx9 tweak to get things to very high. but my rig couldnt handle that one with out stuttering eather. the res im running at is 1280 by 720

Well i thought id give this tweak a try but i have to say that its just to much for my pc even with my 8800 gtx, 2 gigs of 800 ram and e6600 cpu. it worked fine for the first level witch is the least demanding level but, on later levels my machine would start to stutter. but to me it didnt look any better than it did with the dx9 tweak to get things to very high. but my rig couldnt handle that one with out stuttering eather. the res im running at is 1280 by 720

Thats odd, Mine will never stutter or lagh like you said, but there will be some artifacting at times...

The improvements the file makes are nice.
Now I just have to start saving for my next video card setup..

I may even try 2900Pro's 512Bit (memory interface) In crossfire...

Too bad theres no patch from crytek yet..

dude, that shouldn't be happening, especially at that res, I wonder what's going on... what board are you running? Download and check GPU-Z to see if you are running in PCI-E x16, some boards only support x8 or less and that will actually have a really significant effect on performance, also your psu could be underpowering your card, what psu are you running?

im running a 750 wat ps. and im not really stuttering it just slows down a little when i look from one end of the map to the other and im all about smoothness when i play so i run everything on high with some of the hidden things like sunshafts on -- oh yeh and water on very high got to love that water kind of looking forward to that patch. i can run it at these settings and run smooth all through the game oh and ive got aa set a 2x im always looking for the next big tweak

oh yeh and my MB a asus p5b-E

i ran gpu z and its running at 16

Is this tweak only for really high settings or does it improve the effeciency allowing all settings to run at higher fps?

Is this tweak only for really high settings or does it improve the effeciency allowing all settings to run at higher fps?

I think its only for higher than high settings..

I think it's pretty much allowing the Very high settings. So by changing the settings to anything other than what they are set to after you place the file, you would no longer be using the modifications...

Im guessing.. I dunnue ask the OP.

^That's corretct, but you have to rename or delete the autoexec if you want to run less than very high (or any other setting for that matter) because it overruns the in-game settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom