Crysis Resolution on 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewser

In Runtime
What resolutions are you guys using on Crysis with your 8800GT's?

At 1680x1050 on high settings, the gameplay gets a bit choppy in the vivid scenes.

What would you recommend to get the best visual quality and FPS?

-dropping the resolution or;

-dropping the quality settings

Computer specs are in my sig, any input would be appreciated!

what r graphic settings in Crysis? Ppl here say like Ultra High or Very High n im confused.

i would say just put ur settings on medium n see how that works out. Plus, u might want to turn down the AA, for that may choke ur fps.

technically its up to your preferences. Id try 1400x1050 with high if you can. otherwise maybe go to medium with 1600, keep turning up or down different settings till you find a balance.
only reason I say that is I hate 1280x1024 or less XD

a mix of high/medium and 1400 should work much better. or maybe just 1600 and all medium. turn AA off completely youll notice a big difference (if its not off already)

Yea, I've got AA off and I think I just need to go and fine tune the settings a bit.

My FPS just jumps around in the different environments, which is expected, and I seem to be averaging around 20-27 in the real graphics intensive areas, with a jump down in the high teens every once in a while when there is a LOT going on.

I turned down the water quality to low and that made the biggest noticeable difference, and I think the water still looks really good...

Also, this might kind of be off topic, but has anyone really gotten a solid answer as to whether Crysis utilizes all 4 cores in a quad core CPU? I have gotten such mixed responses that I don't know what to believe.

your just lucky you didnt go with a GTS like me. If i play at very high i can only play 1024x768 with no AA

You could probably do better if you OC your graphics card. I have shaders and shadows at medium - everything else at high and play with no AA at 1400x900.

set everything to high, aa off and leave it at nativ res. Then turn down the shadow detail and one or to others.

The setting are: Very High> High> Medium> Low

It depends on whether you are using DX10 or DX9. I run in DX10, 64bit and get about 25-28 FPS. That is at 1280x768, 2xAA, all settings on high. If I go any higher resolution then I get quite a big drop in FPS. IMHO I think you get better visuals with higher settings and lower res, but any lower than 1280x768 then things look pretty poor.

I OC'd my video card to 700/1000 and my driver quits responding and the game crashes. Also, when ever I equip a weapon with a tactical scope the graphics get all washed out. Is anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom