Cannot install Flash Player on IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggedcashew

Solid State Member
I'm currently using two browsers. Firefox 2 and IE7. Flash Player works fine on Firefox but not on IE7. IE7 keeps telling me that I have to install Flash Player. I go to the Adobe site and follow the directions. Everything seems fine. I'm told that Flash Player has been successfully installed but when I run something that requires it, nothing. I've loaded Flash Player numerous times with the same results.

Tools, Options , Advanced - check everything is well in multimedia...

This should be an easy fix

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Go to that directory and delete the Flash folder. You may not be able to delete it, if not open Hijackthis, click none of the above just start the program, click config, misc tools, delete a file on reboot, browse to the directory I posted about, select the flash9c.ocx and then reboot.

If you cant delete it with hijackthis, reboot into safemode.

After you reboot, check to make sure the flash directory is empty, if its not, delete everything is it. Then go to java.com: Hot Games, Cool Apps and update to the latest version and then go to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash to download the latest version. After you complete this, reboot and then try to access Bebo and Myspace, etc.

This should be an easy fix

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Go to that directory and delete the Flash folder. You may not be able to delete it, if not open Hijackthis, click none of the above just start the program, click config, misc tools, delete a file on reboot, browse to the directory I posted about, select the flash9c.ocx and then reboot.

If you cant delete it with hijackthis, reboot into safemode.

After you reboot, check to make sure the flash directory is empty, if its not, delete everything is it. Then go to java.com: Hot Games, Cool Apps and update to the latest version and then go to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash to download the latest version. After you complete this, reboot and then try to access Bebo and Myspace, etc.

I'm getting the same prob with adobe flash player. Was working yesterday evening but not this am. What has gone wrong? Shall need the help of my son to go through your proceedure, but in the meanwhile, can I and how do I acquire firefox.
Barb p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom