help please and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok... also another thing... check to see if your neighbors were evil enough to secure it themselves.. . because some routers can access the static IP with their Wireless mode... so check that out... if its already secured by them... exchange your router... or buy a new one... and secure it fast

i got a red card for my last post...

sorry for stating the obvious in a blunt way

what did you say? i don't remember anything flame like.. but the Mods here are the water :)

ok... also another thing... check to see if your neighbors were evil enough to secure it themselves.. . because some routers can access the static IP with their Wireless mode... so check that out... if its already secured by them... exchange your router... or buy a new one... and secure it fast.

exchanging / purchasing a new one isn't needed. Even if the neighbors were able to connect, get into the router, and secure the wireless (doubtful), a simple login through a wired host can un-do any changes, unless there is MAC address filtering preventing the wired host from accessing the router.... in that case, using the routers reset button should get it back to factory defaults.

exchanging / purchasing a new one isn't needed. Even if the neighbors were able to connect, get into the router, and secure the wireless (doubtful), a simple login through a wired host can un-do any changes, unless there is MAC address filtering preventing the wired host from accessing the router.... in that case, using the routers reset button should get it back to factory defaults.

oh ok.. i just mentioned that from my own expriences... but i guess my Belkin router is garbage because there's no stinking reset button

I am not sure if this worked but I went to the access restrictions page on the routers website thing and put my neighbors mac address and ip in and told it to block that everyday. Will that work?

even if the neighbors secure your router for themselvs all it would involve would be pushing that little reset button in the back right?

The router has a MAC address table that lists the MAC addresses that are connected to it. All routers have this, but not all of them give access to users through the config page..

Sorry Norcent, we can't really tell you if it will work or not... If you put a MAC address in the table to be BLOCKED, then yes, it will be blocked... What I am saying is that you didn't provide much infomation, so it is hard to say if you blocked your neighbor, of if maybe you blocked one of your own wireless clients.... I guess you will just have to wait & see at this point.... and hope that your neighbor (if they really did access your router) don't know how to spoof MAC addresses.... Rather than BLOCKING them, it would be a better idea to set it to ALLOW ONLY THESE MAC addresses, and list all of your hosts in there....

and hope that your neighbor (if they really did access your router) don't know how to spoof MAC addresses.... - E_D

Is that illigal, bad for the computer? if not how do i go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom