VCR Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to make this topic revive or whatever but I have some new info:

1. The reason I wanted this VCR is firstly, it cost $5, secondly I wanted to hook it into an old TV. But the VCR is UHF and the TV only supports VHF!

2. I wanted the manual so I could determine:
a) Whether it supported a remote control (didn't come with one, but then again I bought it at a garage sale type thing)
b) What it outputted as (figured it out now - UHF)
c) For the sake of completion
d) It's good to have the manual anyway

that could only be true if you had the very first vcr. all coxial output is vhf.

No, no, I think you misunderstand. My VCR has RF in + out, and RCA in + out. My TV is quite old and therefore has no RCA inputs, so I would have to wire the VCR into the antenna input on the TV. The problem with this is the TV only supports channels 0 through 11 (also 5A) and they are all VHF, but the VCR only supports UHF channels which I believe are 28 to 60-something.

No, no, I think you misunderstand. My VCR has RF in + out, and RCA in + out. My TV is quite old and therefore has no RCA inputs, so I would have to wire the VCR into the antenna input on the TV. The problem with this is the TV only supports channels 0 through 11 (also 5A) and they are all VHF, but the VCR only supports UHF channels which I believe are 28 to 60-something.

I got you. you will probably need a switch for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom