Making my first website, i need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are MS-Office user, then MS-Frontpage (new version is MS Expression Web). else Dreamweaver is all time favourite tool. and next time, do remember to check out posts, you asked help for.

On the topic of Dreamweaver which I use(CS3), does anyone know how to make a forum. Just a basic: sign in,write,post. I'll go google it, so don't put too much thought into it, but if anyone knows a shortcut. :)

Nope you can't do that through dreamweaver. Or at least you can but it would take ages. Forums are based on php and precisely the template phpbb(2/3 etc) you can download and edit it through administration, and then finally post it on your website if it allows php.

Omg.. i dont remember ever making this thread!!!

:O

weird.

that is weird!!!

but to answer your question; You cannot beat Dreamweaver in webdesign either for beginner or for professionals it is simply the best tool out there in the market. i used it just about to do all of my html coding. i am pretty sure the new cs3 has some mega features but too expensive for me right now.

The fun part of WISYWIG editers can definately be the inserts that dreamweaver will give you, point and click for a specific code, i would suggest to tackle some of the tutorials and introductions at w3schools or htmlgoodies, both very informative websites that help alot! Good Luck!

How about Netobjects Fusion 9! Has a nice graphical 'flow-chart' that shows the structure of your website. You can add external HTML, applets and a whack of other features including forms and Flash Menus.

Took me a few days to get going on it - haven't used anything else since.

that is weird!!!

but to answer your question; You cannot beat Dreamweaver in webdesign either for beginner or for professionals it is simply the best tool out there in the market. i used it just about to do all of my html coding. i am pretty sure the new cs3 has some mega features but too expensive for me right now.

Eh...DW is for people who don't want to learn.

I've made plenty of websites 100% by hand coding, no WYSIWYG editors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom