Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
classical as of some old jazz, or do you mean as much as bach and mozart?

any acoustical pieces that would work? cause id be interested in those. can i get some song names for examples?

hey darkmortar, ive got some bad news

i took off the amp plate today to have a look inside the logitech sub, appearantly the entire box is completely sealed (im surprised, good build) and the even put silicon around the wires coming out of it from the speaker. the amp is totally separate and just mounted to the back of it. this means you cannot open the box to put in polyfill, you will have to shove it down the port tube like i did.

with those formats most anything will suffice. 1812 overture is a favorite. it has really quiet moments and it also has cannon shots that will go down to 5hz. however most home speaker systems will never even begin to touch on this. you will if you have speakers with an f3 of 22 hz or lower

all star freestyle (conscious daughters) and last night (nemesis) are good tracks for testing bass response. all star freestyle has this last note on the bassline, that most systems will not even pick up. on most people's systems (especially boomy ones) the song Last night notes will all sound the same, where in reality each note get deeper and deeper with the last one in the bassline being the loudest.

all of the above formats that I mention will give you details on the mid and high side

...and it also has cannon shots that will go down to 5hz. however most home speaker systems will never even begin to touch on this. you will if you have speakers with an f3 of 22 hz or lower

I told you that you were a DIRTY DIRTY man! :freak: 5hz :freak:

EDIT: I had to download it to try. Me thinks I need to change my boxers. AHAHAHAHA! :eek::freak::D:laughing:

my speakers

bobo1_1.jpg

bobosmall.jpg

My favorite songs to test with:

Walk the Walk - Spyro Gyra (tight flat mix)

Silk & Satin - Spyro Gyra (acoustic bass that you've never heard before... stunning... check this one out EricB)

Take Five - Dave Brubeck (boomy... good to check mids)

Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood (if its a good file, then this is a great song for testing believe it or not).

Did You Hear 'em Hollar? - Joey DeFrancesco (deep organ bass... oh ya)

They Call Me - Lynryd Skynryd

Swamp Music - Lynryd Skynryd

Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Fantasie Impromptu - Chopin

All of those are excellent (as long as the files are good) songs to check a system with for FLAT response. Those are all pretty flat mixed songs. The Spyro Gyra songs are the ones I like best.

My favorite songs to test with:

Walk the Walk - Spyro Gyra (tight flat mix)

Silk & Satin - Spyro Gyra (acoustic bass that you've never heard before... stunning... check this one out EricB)

Take Five - Dave Brubeck (boomy... good to check mids)

Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood (if its a good file, then this is a great song for testing believe it or not).

Did You Hear 'em Hollar? - Joey DeFrancesco (deep organ bass... oh ya)

They Call Me - Lynryd Skynryd

Swamp Music - Lynryd Skynryd

Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Fantasie Impromptu - Chopin

All of those are excellent (as long as the files are good) songs to check a system with for FLAT response. Those are all pretty flat mixed songs. The Spyro Gyra songs are the ones I like best.

what album is silk and satin on?

I always loved Moonlight Sonata. I just didn't know it's name.

lol, those things look freaking weird!

well, my turn. My cruddy setup consists of a Panasonic SA-AK27 running the stock boxes with blown subs, so to replace the blown subs, i got two Bazooka EL 8" subs. One got a hole thru it by some ret.....throwing a battery at it, so its got masking tape over it, still sounds good amasingly. Those are my side and subs. My front and center speakers are a 2.1 system, that got a blown right speaker, so that got replaced. the overall experience is pretty awesome, the side speakers perfectly capture guitars and drums, while the fronts get the voices and the center gets all the high pitched stuff. the bass is amasing, broke a picture the other day, laughin at that.

Here is a pic of the left box and sub, im just wondering whats the deal with the lightbulb.
P1010002-2.jpg

and here is one of my receiver. note all the wires: they go everywhere, and thats just my FM antenna!

P1010003-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom