WiTricity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat is the lowest form of energy, and is created through inefficient energy consumption and creation. Though heat can be used as an energy source (combustion engines, steam engines, and the like), its all just energy's equavalent of waste. Even electricity loses energy through waste heat, and no current energy model is capable of regenerating energy from heat 100% efficiently. (Cold fusion was said to have been achieved by the Russians in the 80s, but there results were never duplicated. Lieing Ruskies).

Rest assured, when this universe dies (not that we'll see it), it will be in a giant ball of heat.

And to those who say this Witricity cant hurt you because of low wattage... consider that there are 40 watt devices that are thought to give cancer (I can't go any further into it then that... just trust me on this one) and are currently treated very much like poison. 40 watts isnt alot, and though very few things require this power, just remember that more then one device in your house will probably be transmitting power.

EDIT: I know a guy that stood in front of a navy microwave dish and got hit by it. His body stopped functioning and they had to do a serious of test to make sure he didnt get 'spontanious tumor." Just imagine if some long distance wireless power channel wobbles a bit in your direction... ugh.

And then the universe becomes a huge black hole. Possibly existence will start over again after it implodes.

your flawed logic is so convincing....i'll be sure to congratulate you when someone in your family dies of cancer :rolleyes:

thinking is electric impulses. electricity is dangerous. therefore, thinking is dangerous

several people in my family have died from cancer. my logic is heavily flawed I kno but in extreme basic terms its accurate :p

a single bolt of lightning can do up to 500000000000000 watts?! O_O

well, cancer is natural. of course, all the little things we do, eat, drink, ****, touch, causes cancer... I'm pretty sure that mutation is normal, then why dont you look exactly like your parents! hah! some of your genes mutated, such as instead of red hair, you get blonde. it happens, just this really speeds up the process...

KMAN I hope you get violated by a howler moneky, 'nuff said.

spooge1.gif

Heat is the lowest form of energy, and is created through inefficient energy consumption and creation. Though heat can be used as an energy source (combustion engines, steam engines, and the like), its all just energy's equavalent of waste. Even electricity loses energy through waste heat, and no current energy model is capable of regenerating energy from heat 100% efficiently. (Cold fusion was said to have been achieved by the Russians in the 80s, but there results were never duplicated. Lieing Ruskies).

Rest assured, when this universe dies (not that we'll see it), it will be in a giant ball of heat.

And to those who say this Witricity cant hurt you because of low wattage... consider that there are 40 watt devices that are thought to give cancer (I can't go any further into it then that... just trust me on this one) and are currently treated very much like poison. 40 watts isnt alot, and though very few things require this power, just remember that more then one device in your house will probably be transmitting power.

EDIT: I know a guy that stood in front of a navy microwave dish and got hit by it. His body stopped functioning and they had to do a serious of test to make sure he didnt get 'spontanious tumor." Just imagine if some long distance wireless power channel wobbles a bit in your direction... ugh.

i wouldn't call heat "waste" as it is necessary for life. it's a product of extreme pressures and allows for the creation of essential elements in our universe.

there's NO energy source that is 100% efficient. and keep in mind that in order for heat to exist, there has to be matter. and as long as there's matter with some sort of thermal energy, there is potential energy. we will never run out of PE. when the universe becomes a giant ball of heat is irrelevant as it is so far in the future it is not even something we can comprehend.

anyways, i'm over this tangent....it's completely off the topic. so let's drop this and get back on the witricity thing

so what's this 40watt device that gives cancer? i'm just curious.... and why can't you go further into it? do you not know what it is? if you don't know what it is how do you know it exists? your details are overwhelming....

I'm in the army and have a security clearance. Hence, I can't go into it very much.

Its a device that selectively jams radio frequencies by blasting that frequency. It puts out 40 watts (how many watts are on a band depends entirely on threat level and detected wireless signals), though it could concivably pump out more. They normally don't affect people, but sometimes a person will complain of heat, sick feeling, etc. The spectrum they cover is... well, secret. Needless to say it covers a LOT.

The actual device is hidden inside of a vehicle, and is never supposed to be exposed during operation (they are, but thats because grunts are stupid).

Thats all I can say. 40 watts, lots'a freqs. There was a higher wattage model, but the got converted down. The army's got too many wireless wave radiating out here... more afraid of brain tumors and infertility then mortars. Damned radios.

I'm in the army and have a security clearance. Hence, I can't go into it very much.

Its a device that selectively jams radio frequencies by blasting that frequency. It puts out 40 watts (how many watts are on a band depends entirely on threat level and detected wireless signals), though it could concivably pump out more. They normally don't affect people, but sometimes a person will complain of heat, sick feeling, etc. The spectrum they cover is... well, secret. Needless to say it covers a LOT.

The actual device is hidden inside of a vehicle, and is never supposed to be exposed during operation (they are, but thats because grunts are stupid).

Thats all I can say. 40 watts, lots'a freqs. There was a higher wattage model, but the got converted down. The army's got too many wireless wave radiating out here... more afraid of brain tumors and infertility then mortars. Damned radios.
vewy intwesting

Hmm ive been wondering this question for a while, UK runs on 240V/250V Elextrcity to all residential property, does this mean that our WiTricity would be more powerrful ?, and nothing to do with WiTricity, but can we use more powerfull things and more of them because of the higher Voltage ?

UK - 230V (Officially, but it's usually closer to 240)
US - 110V

P = IV (Power = Current x Voltage)

A 3kW load in the UK pulls 13A (3000W / 230V = 13.04A)

A 3kW load in the US pulls 27A (3000W / 110V = 27.27A)

All this means is America needs larger cabling to carry the extra current. I've never wired a house in the US, so I don't know whether they use larger cables or if they just keep the power of their appliances lower. But essentially, it means we can use higher power appliances using the same size cables...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom