Whats your favorite law ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
English is a (pretty much) worldwide language, whereas laws are not. Remember that he is in the UK.

Excellent point.

I would also like to correct the meaning of Federal. The Constitution is the highest law in the land, and not federal law. Federal does mean the highest form of government in the land, that being the national government in America's case. With the tenth amendment to the constitution it secured the rights of the states over federal law. Meaning, the states can pass their own laws, however they will often be forced to forfeit some benefit from the federal government for not upholding that particular federal law. Point in case: Montana's speed laws. Up to a few years ago, there was no speed limit on montana roads and highways. To keep this, they had to forego federal money for road maintenance and upkeep. Another point in case being the American Civil war, though history popularized the concept of it being fought over the issue of slavery, it boiled down to the tenth amendment, and the states rights to exercise it. Slavery was made an issue after the official decleration of war.

The few times the tenth amendment was surpassed was generally when a threat to the nation was present, but even then the state governors would oblige the federal government in their circumvention.

Copyright Infringement: 3 years imprisonment, $25,000 fine when raping a girl under the age of 16: Imprisonment for 18 months.
now that is somthing that realy pises me the **** off especially because now that little girl has to go the rest of her life felling like garbage i think they should either fry sex affenders or cut thier balls off

Laws make me angry... this whole concept of a big brother government. The only laws that we need are be nice and get along and if you cant then face the consequences of YOUR PEERS!

In NY... "Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business." and "The penalty for jumping off a building is death."

Heres a list of dumb laws in the US, for every state:
Dumb laws | stupid laws
don't know if they're all true...

I just found this out there is a law that if you park your car in the street and get out your door faccing the street you can get a ticket it is called unlawful door opening now that is funny bring home a ticket for oppening your car door:laughing: :laughing:

Japan --
There is no age of consent. (Typical, that explains a lot!)

Australia --
Children may not purchase cigarettes, but they may smoke them.
(I remember that one coming up once in high school school)

Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.
(The funny thing is that I am starting training next hear to become a electricain.)

It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.
(LOL!)

Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.
(I have never seen that..... But I will ask the next cabbie)

Isreal ---
If you have been maintaining an illegal radio station for five or more years, the station becomes legal.

Found another crazzy law for you you an actually be arested for not having any money on you because they say then there is no reason for you to be in public :confused:
That funny...
Like yesterday afternoon I was talking to my neighbour, it was debating about going back into the house to get his wallet.
And I told him that bringing his wallet with him while he was out was only going to give him the excuse to spend money.
He thought it was a good idea.

If that law is from Switzerland it is false, There was a question on master mind a British TV show on it and it is used as a Joke about the country. Just like the French ride bike's every ware and only eat garlic and cheese and the Germans hog sun loungers in holiday resorts.

I love smoking laws in the UK :).

I have a question for anyone who lives in USA... Do many people under the age of 15 smoke ??

I used to smoke for 6 months before a year, but I stopped smoking considering both financial and health issues, here in Greece the 20% of adolescents under 16 smoke.

A weird law from Greece : When the police catch you talking on the mobile phone or texting when driving you have to pay immediately 169 euros (about 200 dollars), I think police has done a contract with bluetooth providers, cause now everyone has one while driving or more because the battery always needs to be charged and some people never cease to talk.

Another crazy law is the one that has been legislated from the national greek television & radio ORGANISATION about the homosexual presentation on a channel programme even if it is just a kiss or something, like one occured in a Greek TV series, the fine was about 300,000 euros, but the federation was forced to take the fine back because everyone has the right to do everything they want in their life except for violating the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom