11 minute Eddie Van Halen solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like that style of solo guitar either, however I do respect his talent. But, it makes me wonder why people make those **** faces when playing.

The next time that I program a router to incorporate itself in a already subnetworked school, I'm going to make those funny faces when I type into the NOS as if what I'm doing is EXTREMELY difficult for me. Hence the faces like the talent is taking so much energy out of me. He's a GREAT guitar player but come off it.....stop making faces like what you are doing if the most difficult thing you have ever done. Maybe it was at one time, but he could play THE SAME SOLO without making any facial changes. My favorite solo artists are the ones that don't make faces or do a "jump kick" in the solo. They JUST PLAY THE SOLO.....like Derek Trucks for example. The kid is excellent but incredibly shy, so he doesn't show off at all. Just plays what he knows and the people applaud his music, not matching overalls/guitar and acting skills.

But yea, next time I program a router, I'm going to make faces, do a jump kick in the middle of the feat. I'm also going to wear overalls that match my cat5 crimper.

Playing like that is a lot like sex, hence the expressions of "exquisite pain".

When I play, I don't really make those faces, I just zone off. My brother, on the other hand, good god..

k i'll repost since mine was deleted for censored profanity.

that 11-minute eruption solo crap is just 11 minutes of noise. all that fast soloing crap is fast, yea, but it has no soul. there is no music. skill and technique is great to have, but it means nothing if they can't make MUSIC.

Your second post made a lot more sense than the first one. Good points as well.

i have always enjoyed Eddie's playing. He was/is a true innovater, and is still imitated today. Watching him play brings back some really good memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom