Xp Upgrade and Other ?'s - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dykzeulb Send a message via MSN to dykzeulb Send a message via Yahoo to dykzeulb
Unhappy Xp Upgrade and Other ?'s

Ok, I have a newer Dell that came with Xp home, I was the admin on the account yet I accidently deleted my account because I thought I could get the files back, I chose to save the files....however it says access denied What the heck? is there a way to type in or access that old file storage area, Also I updated it Xp pro, my windows and stuff are all huge....when I surf the net I have to scroll over to see the other half, wont let me change it, never did it withXp home, also the last thing-I have a Dsl connection, how do I set it up through the network modem? currently I am using a usb/network adapter so it's not up to speed I guess you could say....any help would be great thanks guys!

Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

You need to take ownership of the files. Use this article to guide you. Just make sure to disable simple file sharing first as explained in the guide otherwise you will not have the options it speaks of. If you need anymore help let us know.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;308421

Old 10-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dykzeulb Send a message via MSN to dykzeulb Send a message via Yahoo to dykzeulb
Default Hmmm....

Ok, I tried it, it worked kind of, it let me get in the admin file area where I can see the main folders, now however I tried the same steps and it did not work for the folders here are some screen shots, also my res. is still way to low, the icons and bars and stuff are all huge, how do i set this....I tried prop, desktop and it wouldnt let me move it....grrr....

Ok, well let me know what u all can do...maybe some Remote Assistance?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Bump Anyone wanna help

~Hit me up on *AIM*drexoyl-*Yahoo*dykzeulb-*MSN*brett_dykzeul Instant Messengers~MidwestCustomz.Net
Old 10-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

take ownership in safe mode.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Amd2800 Send a message via AIM to Amd2800 Send a message via Yahoo to Amd2800

Format n reinstall

Dell Studio 1747 Laptop
CPU : Intel I7 - Q720 @ 1.66Ghz - Ram: 4GB Ram DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel - Mobo : Dell - HDD: 2x 500GB Sata 2 - OS1: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Quote:
I want a processor in my brain..... Can i upgrade my ram?

Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

for the resolution, you need to install your graphics card drivers...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRecluse
for the resolution, you need to install your graphics card drivers...

????

taking ownership is easier in safe mode as administrator

Closed Thread