XP not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry Viking

Baseband Member
Howdy all

I recently built a pc for a friend and i installed windows xp corporate on it about a month ago. I left tested it out about 3 times and everything seemed to be running smoothly and i left the pc for about a month. This Monday i booted it up and all of a sudden windows wouldn't boot up, it said something like it cannot decet a system32.nfl file (i vaguely remember) and that i'd have to insert the xp disc and try repairing windows. However it would boot fine when i just ran xp off the cd. I gave the pc to my friend as i planned to and told him it could be fixed (he's quite capable of fixing it) He told me he got XP running of the hard drive again and it was all working fine until yesterday. Now the pc just gets up to CMOS and freezes. He's tried booting the pc in safe mode but a white line comes up at the bottom of the screen and it freezes, he's tried setting his primary boot device as a cd rom and trying to run the xp disc but he cannot access the xp disc at all, so i don't think he can even reinstall xp. Do you guys know whats wrong or how i can fix this? it may even be a hardware issue. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom