XP disc scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Have you isntalled a codec pack? Try googling for Vista Codec pack then run the video.

From there you should be able to do what the video says and create your own disc.

Cheers,
Mak

No, i don't believe that will work. I understand your theory, but it is flawed (saying that with love). See, if the data on the CD is unreadable, why would nero be able to read it and the OS not? If you burn the CD you are going to run into the same problem, when it hits that portion of the CD the data will be unreadable. And i bet Nero will do a data check and see that the area is scratched anyways.

If this is new RETURN IT. If you are impatient and have other routes to go, then borrow a CD of the same version from a friend and just use your purchased CD key. My vote would if this is a legit CD (which i have a feeling it isn't) then it needs to be returned for a new one.

not true. I have a plextor 230a cd burner and a pioneer dw12 dvd rom that can read almost anything. I use them to rip scratched and unreadable disc and then reburn the iso with nero to a perfect disc. those plextors have c2 error detection, which explains why you are seeing those 60-100 burners selling on ebay for 400-500 bucks.

why the actual name of your xp disc Dainius? like some are WXPVOL_EN, MRMSD2_EN, etc

why the actual name of your xp disc Dainius? like some are WXPVOL_EN, MRMSD2_EN, etc

wow... not sure what you mean there lol But i think I found an alternative route. My boss has like 4 xp professional discs I might be able to use for install. We will see how that goes when I get off work.

well I finally got to install xp... but upon entering the product key i have found it that it is not valid! now to get my refund lol thanks for all the help and thank you eric for pm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom